cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV guide Live channels ?

Anyone know why the Live channel only has a Now / Next display surely they could push the ball out and have a whole day’s coverage for each channel. As Sky are never done shoving it up your A### how great SkyQ is you would tend to think they could pull there thumb out and give there NowTv customers something in return.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

And there you have it in a nutshell.

NowTV is a deliberately cut-down service designed to be inferior to SkyQ in a number of ways, so Sky can snag some further revenue from those who are fundamentally (if I may use that word in both senses 😜) immune to SkyQ’s blandishments, without cannibalising those who might well be attracted to their rather different delivery method.

Now/Next versus full EPG; 720p versus 4K;no recording capability; no red button Sports; no catchup Sports; the labyrinthine complexities of account management where cancelling Passes is a crapshoot, there is no telephone support, and Live Chat cut you off (as far as I can tell) for typing any letter of the alphabet;

those are the not-so-hidden costs of the flexibility and value for money that NowTV undoubtedly represents 😁

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

And there you have it in a nutshell.

NowTV is a deliberately cut-down service designed to be inferior to SkyQ in a number of ways, so Sky can snag some further revenue from those who are fundamentally (if I may use that word in both senses 😜) immune to SkyQ’s blandishments, without cannibalising those who might well be attracted to their rather different delivery method.

Now/Next versus full EPG; 720p versus 4K;no recording capability; no red button Sports; no catchup Sports; the labyrinthine complexities of account management where cancelling Passes is a crapshoot, there is no telephone support, and Live Chat cut you off (as far as I can tell) for typing any letter of the alphabet;

those are the not-so-hidden costs of the flexibility and value for money that NowTV undoubtedly represents 😁

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How right you are!