cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, this is the first time i've used the service. I don't have a stick, is the new Game Of Thones...

is the new game of thrones added to the player in its entireity? do i need the stick to watch it live at 2am this morning coming up? i feel like the player plays like netflix does, in that an episode is added, but i don't want to be wrangling the software around as it begins, can someone just give me and other new users a quick walkthrough to your GoT viewing?

thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps some of your questions with regards to GOT will be answered in this linked guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-game-of-thrones-on-now-tv

I don't use a PC for watching NowTV, so i can't comment on things like picture & sound quality or the reliability of both the live streams or watching the episodes on catchup.

You can watch GOT S8 new episodes live at 2.00am every Monday morning on a PC (Windows 7 and above using your internet browser in conjunction with the NowTV Player software) or alternatively if you have a Windows 8.1 or higher spec PC you could use the NowTV dedicated App from the Microsoft Store if you prefer the look & feel of the NowTV App over the internet browser on your PC (perhaps try them both to see if you have a preference).

If you don't want to see the live and exclusive episodes each week at 2.00 am, you could always watch them on catchup later on in the day where S8 is leaving the NowTV service on the 19th of June 2019.

Where S1 to S7 are on boxsets, but they are leaving on the 31st of May 2019.

NowTV recommends an internet speed of 2.5mbps or higher and make sure that your PC has a good wifi reception and i would suggest closing all background Apps and software on your PC and avoid using a VPN which may or may not bring up an error message on screen that you can't play the content.

I personally use NowTV boxes over an Ethernet which gives me a stable connection and haven't encountered any problems watching GOT live or on catch up for me to date.

I have also used a NowTV stick in the past and as long has the stick has a decent wifi reception on it from your router then it worked fine for me.

You may find other forum members have different opinions or experiences with different devices when using the NowTV service.

If you are a Newbie using NowTV, maybe try out the 7 day free entertainment trial (don't forget to cancel mind before the trial ends).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your post, i can't seem to find where to actually watch a channel live though, i'm not sure if something pops up before it airs and lets you watch it live or what, but i can only seem to watch pre-recorded episodes of things.

my question is, how to i tune into it live? like what buttons do i press in the app?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The method i use to reach the live entertainment TV section if using your internet browser on the NowTV website is to click the three horizontal small bars under Menu left hand corner of screen, then select Entertainment, then scroll to bottom of the screen where you should see the Watch live section with a row of live thumbnails.

Click on Sky Atlantic to open and play the live stream.

Alternatively once on the entertainment page, towards the top right there should be a small orange TV Guide box button, click on it and the Now & Next Live TV channels should appear on screen, then just scroll down to Sky Atlantic and click the live thumbnail picture.

If it was me i would test out the live Sky Atlantic stream ASAP before GOT starts at 2am just in case you encounter problems.

RoyB
Legend

What are you watching on? It depends on the device how the information is presented.

And don’t hope to use a YouView box; those are Movies only. But all other apps and devices show Entertainment.

If you have a Stick, go to Entertainment, and look at the options there; Watch Live will be one of them.

Other devices are similar, but may not be exactly the same, such as this screenshot showing how it appears on an iPad, the only thing I have handy at the moment:-

380EA71C-7A1C-4132-83B1-C5E956E3B351.png

The channels are shown on the right, just the Now and Next programmes here. You want Sky Atlantic, which you can just see on the screenshot. I suggest that you try accessing the Now programme on Sky Atlantic, just to be sure that you can, and come back and confirm that you can, or describe any difficulties you encounter.

Once you are good to go, it’s just a case of counting off the minutes until 02:00 am.

If you miss it live for some reason though, it will be available On Demand from about 03:40; there is no need to wait for tomorrow’s 21:00 live showing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.