cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Comedy Channel on Now TV

Just thought I'd highlight this article from TV Wise, regarding a new Sky Comedy channel for 2020 that will be available on Now TV:

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2019/08/sky-eyes-dedicated-comedy-channel-acquires-a-p-bio-sunnyside/

29 REPLIES 29
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @chai @Anonymous User @schnapps 

All, I have just received an email from Now TV saying they are making changes to the Entertainment Pass. 

We’re constantly bettering our service with exclusive shows, the latest award-winning box sets and new features like downloading to watch on the go. That’s why on 9 October, for the first time in 2 years, your Entertainment Pass will be going up by £1, to £8.99 a month

New channel being added

Sky Crime will be the dedicated home of true crime, coming this October

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Several days ago another Forum Poster mentioned that they had received an Entertainment Offer from Now TV which had small print at the bottom hinting that the monthly auto-renewal price was going up to £8.99 in early October..... so we now have more proof that the price will go up on the 9th October.  I imagine the price increase will be announced more widely the day before it happens!!!!

I generally just keep going with £10-for-2month Gift Vouchers from the Supermarket, so an auto-renewal increase doesn't really affect me at the moment........unless this price increase leads to Now TV changing the Vouchers that you can get in the shops.

EDIT:  and I did imagine that a price increase might be in the offing after they announced those new Comedy and Crime Channels.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Exactly, its not going to affect me at all for now as I got the 12 month Movies and Entertainment Passes in last years Black Friday. So I am not going to be hit by the price increase until January, which I too will try get some vouchers or discount codes on the go. 

Either way still cheaper than Sky TV, which I won't be going back to anytime soon.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

If it's not an Entertainment price rise, it's a Sports price rise....... thank goodness for those shop vouchers....... I do wonder if Now TV will ever do away with these better value shop vouchers and force everyone to just auto-renew at full price?????  Lets hope not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys, It appears from my email few days ago that the rise starts on the 1st October, I've took a shot of my email small print, But am unsure when the new channels you mention will be added, Possibly after the rise.

ent.PNG

Regards

Cheryl

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys, It appears from my email few days ago that the rise starts on the 1st October, I've took a shot of my email small print, But am unsure when the new channels you mention will be added, Possibly after the rise.

Regards

Cheryl

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User  @gavs82008  @Anonymous User 

See the link below for the answer to the question about the new channels 😉

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/08/sky-to-launch-two-new-entertainment.html

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A price rise BEFORE the new Crime channel goes live. Very sneaky indeed 😠

Still way cheaper though than subbing for 'big Sky' 😎

With my dropping of Sports I'm making an overall saving anyway. Not sure yet what I'll do with the movies come renewal time in November.

EDIT

I can see them using the launch of the Comedy channel next year as an excuse to stick another 50p or £1 to the price.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the same email today I’m gonna keep doing the 2 months for £10 until I cannot find them anymore.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @commanda6 @Anonymous User 

Looks like Sky Crime is available on Live and catch up for Now TV as we speak. Checked the app on my phone to confirm. 

Personally so far I am underwhelmed by the line up on the channel, but an additional channel nonetheless. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

TBH it will just be another channel of rehashed repeats that have been shown across various channels.