cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Comedy Channel on Now TV

Just thought I'd highlight this article from TV Wise, regarding a new Sky Comedy channel for 2020 that will be available on Now TV:

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2019/08/sky-eyes-dedicated-comedy-channel-acquires-a-p-bio-sunnyside/

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They also mention a new channel Sky Crime on that link but no mention of it coming to NowTV, only Comedy gets a mention for NowTV. I'd much prefer the Crime channel over the Comedy channel 😐

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

As you say, on reading that TV Wise article I wasn't 100% sure if that new Sky Crime channel was coming to Now TV, hence why I didn't really mention it (in case I mistakenly raised hopes), BUT, if you check RXTVlog website they also cover this story and they do seem to indicate that both channels will be on Now TV????

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2019/08/sky-to-launch-two-new-entertainment.html

Sky Crime from October 2019 and Sky Comedy from February 2020.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I was just about to post that rxtv link up 😁 Good find. Looking forward to the Crime channel 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Yes, will be interesting to see what new stuff these channels will be bringing, I don't mind a bit of comedy or a bit of true crime........ and maybe even by the time Sky Comedy hits in Feb' 2020 we'll be watching in great Full HD????????  As long as two new channels to the portfolio doesn't warrant a price rise???

Going forward, surely as a matter of course, any new Sky Whatever branded channel should be going on Now TV..... that's their core offering for Entertainment and should always be the basis of whats available, with some other non Sky stuff thrown in????????

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Officially confirmed today in the Sky Media News Article 😊.

https://www.skymedia.co.uk/news/sky-to-launch-sky-crime-and-sky-comedy/

I am not really a Crime or Comedy viewer to be honest apart from two fantastic shows on the HBO via the Sky Atlantic channel which is True Detective & Silicon Valley 😆.

Though i am sure a lot of people will appreciate the two additional channels with a NowTV entertainment pass if new content is added that is not already available on existing NowTV channels like for example HBO / Showtime that you find on Sky Atlantic for example.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

until I looked through the article I was convinced Sky Crime would simply be Sky Witness rebranded 😂

chai
Scholar 3

I have zero interest in a true crime channel, but am looking forward to the comedy channel - expect a entertainment channel price rise early next year!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Speculation elsewhere that Sky Crime will eventually replace Universal, part of the Comcast family of channels.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That would be handy considering Universal is not on Now TV. And I missed all of Bates Motel thanks to that, ended up watching it on Netflix. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help