cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky / Channel 4 Partnership

Just spotted this interesting article on a516digital.com about a new Sky / Channel 4 partnership....... which if you read also talks about some benefits to Now TV viewers:

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/09/free-to-air-f1-in-new-skyc4-partnership.html

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hopefully this means more boxsets and catch up content from All4 on NowTV, thus allowing us to watch the shows without adverts.

That is the main reason I can't stand watching anything on All4 because you have to watch adverts during on demand content. 

I ended up not watching shows like Big Bang Theory, Agents of Shield, Gotham etc. on All4 so I could watch them on Netflix/Amazon/NowTV without adverts. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008

I think I have the same hopes as you with regards more All4 content coming to Now TV, but I'm really just wondering if the 'selected' content they make available to Now TV as a Boxset may just be shows from Channel 4 and nothing from E4 or More4...... and on top of that could it just be homegrown British shows that it happens with (like No Offense) and it won't include any of their exciting US imports??????

If going forward we could get things like Gotham, S.H.I.E.L.D., The Good Fight, etc, appearing on Now TV, I would be all for that, but I'm rather pessimistic in thinking that this new partnership won't be including anything like that........ although I'd love to be proved wrong.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I have watched Agents of SHIELD on NowTV before, under the ABC Studios channel. It's not there at the moment but hopefully, the latest season will be up soon along with the old ones.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Yes, the older seasons tend to make it to Now TV as boxsets long after they have been on E4, we were just wondering if the new partnership could lead to the very latest episodes coming to Now TV just after they have gone out on E4???  Hence, a new episode would be on All4 with all those adverts and maybe it could also be on Now TV with much less adverts and maybe better picture quality??

Probably would never happen, so more likely just wishful thinking!!!!!!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-on/New-Box-Sets-October-2018/ba-p/2900468

According to Sky box sets Agents of Shield seasons 1-5 is coming on the 3rd October! A hell lot quicker than usual, perhaps something to do with the Channel 4 Sky deal? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008

Could be but if AoS comes under the ABC studios content, as it has before, then I am guessing its release isn't part of the C4 deal.

I would think a new All4 channel would appear on the NowTV app once that deal is ready to go?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Yes, wishful thinking but could be interesting to see what happens with the new deal.

I did see S4 at some time late last year, so it wasn't too long after it had aired on E4, to be honest.

I have already watched S5 on Netflix (USA) anyway as I wasn't sure how long it would take to arrive on NowTV.