cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up at 1:30am to watch GoT se08e03 but couldn't watch it

What did I do wrong? I was so dissapointed, I tried everything gave up about 2:30 as I am now in work at 9am shattered and still not watched it 🙂 lol.....

I have looked on here and it explains that it only goes on at 3:20 but you can watch live from 2am but I couldn't for the life of me find out how to to get the live stream.

Please help me for next week 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

as @Lindzi says, we need to know what device you were trying to watch on to give exact advice.

Though general advice, when doing this for the first time with a 2am deadline looming, is try it earlier in the evening, on a programme you don’t care about, to figure out how to get the one you do want when it comes on...

Here’s the advice I gave someone last night. Too late for you now, but should help next week. Note that I gave a later time for On Demand availability, on the basis that this normally arrive 80 minutes after the episode is shown live, and this was an 80 minute episode.

===================================

What are you watching on? It depends on the device how the information is presented.

And don’t hope to use a YouView box; those are Movies only. But all other apps and devices show Entertainment.

If you have a Stick, go to Entertainment, and look at the options there; Watch Live will be one of them.

Other devices are similar, but may not be exactly the same, such as this screenshot showing how it appears on an iPad, the only thing I have handy at the moment:-

380EA71C-7A1C-4132-83B1-C5E956E3B351.png

The channels are shown on the right, just the Now and Next programmes here. You want Sky Atlantic, which you can just see on the screenshot. I suggest that you try accessing the Now programme on Sky Atlantic, just to be sure that you can, and come back and confirm that you can, or describe any difficulties you encounter.

Once you are good to go, it’s just a case of counting off the minutes until 02:00 am.

If you miss it live for some reason though, it will be available On Demand from about 03:40; there is no need to wait for tomorrow’s 21:00 live showing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

Hi and welcome 

Depends on your device. On smart tv I have a red button which gives you tv guide then select entertainment sky atlantic

On the black box (last time i used one) i would select entertainment tab then scroll to the top and select watch live

I have no idea how watching via a browser works though so if you let us know how you are accessing now tv someone here will point you in the right direction. 

Hang in there at work 🙂

RoyB
Legend

as @Lindzi says, we need to know what device you were trying to watch on to give exact advice.

Though general advice, when doing this for the first time with a 2am deadline looming, is try it earlier in the evening, on a programme you don’t care about, to figure out how to get the one you do want when it comes on...

Here’s the advice I gave someone last night. Too late for you now, but should help next week. Note that I gave a later time for On Demand availability, on the basis that this normally arrive 80 minutes after the episode is shown live, and this was an 80 minute episode.

===================================

What are you watching on? It depends on the device how the information is presented.

And don’t hope to use a YouView box; those are Movies only. But all other apps and devices show Entertainment.

If you have a Stick, go to Entertainment, and look at the options there; Watch Live will be one of them.

Other devices are similar, but may not be exactly the same, such as this screenshot showing how it appears on an iPad, the only thing I have handy at the moment:-

380EA71C-7A1C-4132-83B1-C5E956E3B351.png

The channels are shown on the right, just the Now and Next programmes here. You want Sky Atlantic, which you can just see on the screenshot. I suggest that you try accessing the Now programme on Sky Atlantic, just to be sure that you can, and come back and confirm that you can, or describe any difficulties you encounter.

Once you are good to go, it’s just a case of counting off the minutes until 02:00 am.

If you miss it live for some reason though, it will be available On Demand from about 03:40; there is no need to wait for tomorrow’s 21:00 live showing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to both of you.