cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Series renewal

SERIES/SEASON RENEWALS & RELEASE DATES FOR SERIES

There are multiple shows I have watched and the season has ended (in the UK) and the new Season has now been released in the USA but there is no indication if a show/series is coming back, and if it is, when it is.  Also, I often discover that NowTV must have lost the rights as it will suddenly appear on Prime, Netflix or some other player.

Examples of shows I am waiting on are Grey's Anatomy, Station 19, SWAT .... and many more.  Grey's Anatomy had gone from the menu after you slowly removed various seasons, but Station 19 is still on the menu but states "NO LONGER AVAILABLE".  If a new season of a show comes available, you don't find out I any type of notice or and but she look of having religiously clicked on and off the unavailable or the show that now doesn't start at series 1 but starts at series 3 and only goes to series 5 when in reality there's 9 total series released in the past.

Also I, on occasion am lucky enough to come across a series I think looks interesting so save it to my Watchlist, but then when I go to it I find out it starts at Season 2 or 4 and not at Season 1.  Something just if not more frustrating was Season 2 of the "Rookie" was to start in a week and it showed the picture/episode blurb and the date it would be released. When I had time to watch it Episode 2 had come out and was available and Episode 3 was scheduled ,.. but low and behold Episode 1 was gone!!! It stayed that way for weeks, eventually Episode 1 cane back and suddenly Episode 3 was gone and 2 was there but not available.  NOWTV WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

Why do you make things so difficult?  Why are there more shows listed on the mobile but then you will ever find on the television, and why can I not be listed alphabetically why are they haphazardly designated to editor's choice and favourite box sets and then split into genres yet suddenly Leigh-Anne animated comedy is mixed in with the Dramas?? It is all as clear as mud!!

@

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Kara

Yeah, that Now TV Bot seems to cause more anger and frustration among customers than actually solving any problems. I've only ever used it once, when I came across it by accident, and I do not plan to ever use it again. Personally, I hope they take it down or, at the very least, totally redesign it.

And in general, I hate computerised voices, auto responses and worse actual people that respond to a query in a computerised/robotic manner (an Americanised way of answering customer queries).

Until the robots take over.

Robot 01.png

UK Bob 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Kara

You may not know this but the Now TV guys may never see your post, or if they do not reply, simply because this is a customer based forum and the guys only occasionally pop in from time to time.

You see, I know where your coming from because, like you, I'm waiting on the new series of shows like FBI, SWAT, 19, 9-1-1 and a whole host of others.  And what's worse, I'm extremely frustrated to know that these programs are about half way through their latest seasons in the US while we have to go digging around the Internet trying to find scraps of UK related info.

Anyway, here's a small bit of comfort, there's a Sky web-site called Never Miss, and once you've registered it will notify you when your favourite program becomes available.

Here's the URL:

https://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Bob,
It sounds like we like a lot of the same shows!
I don't know why I worded it the way I did as I did wonder if this was more like a user Forum. it was very frustrating as there is no way on the app that I could locate that you could message or chat with a real person it was just AI Bot 🤖
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Kara

Yeah, that Now TV Bot seems to cause more anger and frustration among customers than actually solving any problems. I've only ever used it once, when I came across it by accident, and I do not plan to ever use it again. Personally, I hope they take it down or, at the very least, totally redesign it.

And in general, I hate computerised voices, auto responses and worse actual people that respond to a query in a computerised/robotic manner (an Americanised way of answering customer queries).

Until the robots take over.

Robot 01.png

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry haven't been on here. 

Bot is useless,  app too at mo and live chat receives zero response 🙄 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/150105

@ukbobboy

I do not come on here often so apologise for the very late response.

I do not believe that you have to worry about the robots 🤖 taking over anytime soon. If this is the most intelligent AI then I think we are all safe!  The mobile service provider Vodafone has something similar, "Tobi" and I find myself having an argument with an automated service 😜

Your comment about things being americanised made me chuckle. I resided in the states for over 20-years. I often hear people complain in the UK about things becoming too americanised; baby showers etc. My feelings on this although that no one is forcing them to have baby showers or extreme candy collecting on Halloween, they have chosen to adopt these ideas and themselves.  

I've had friends doing things that they've sent likes like the "American **insert activity** tradition and alike.  The funny thing is that many of these things been taken to an extreme here in the UK, all the thing they say they are doing isn't never let anything I have witnessed in my years in the States.

The misconception that the US is more high-tech and automated than anywhere of especially the UK is is just that; a misconception.  In most cases there is more modernisation and services, available options and things that are and have been for some time.  Unlike the UK where are certain services, available items and so on that are more common place and have been for some time. One simple example is online grocery shopping and delivery; in 2012 that had never even been thought of or discussed amongst most the general population yet it was very established and common place here in the UK.  They do have it now but it's only been in the last couple of years.  They had a lot of drive-thru services for example banking, prescription collection and even a drive-through convenience store; which in all actuality was an off-licence that's older chips snacks and milk lol ... The fact that you cannot drink and drive in America, or here, and plus the fact it's just plain ignorant to do so, yet there 🇺🇲 you can drive through a store that primarily stocks and sells every type of alcohol you can imagine ..

does not exactly indicate progression, or at least not to me! 😂

I apologise again for the late response and I'm guessing multiple errors in this message you don't I just worked an extra weekend night shift in emergency services and I can't see straight 

.. think it's time for bed 😴

Stay safe and take care

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Kara

Since the last time we chatted on this forum there have been some changes, such as Now TV is now just NOW, an American company, you can no longer buy vouchers/passes unless you're offered them in your account or by email and Sports, Entertainment, Cinema, etc. are now called "Memberships", and so on.

And the most personally annoying Americanism for me is that you no longer go to the "toilet",  you go to the "bathroom" instead, this I find ridiculous.

Oh, BTW, I hate bots as well, especially the telephone bots.

UK Bob

PS. Yeah, smart or not they are taking over.

Scared Emoji.jpg