cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salfordian
Contributor 3

Re: Recommend a TV show on Now TV

Just thought of another great show but I don't think it's ever been shown on British TV. Every episode had a $1 million budget and you can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFY6t2KRtq0

0 Thanks
bazinga
Helper 3

@Salfordian wrote:

Just thought of another great show but I don't think it's ever been shown on British TV. Every episode had a $1 million budget and you can tell.

the transporter series was garbage and cancelled why it never made it to the uk nobody wanted it it was that bad
0 Thanks
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

I'm going to recommend some 'hidden gems'.

If you like drama and comedy, you might overlook Sky Arts.  But Playhouse Presents has some excellent one-offs and potential pilots.

If you like dystopian visions of a future Britain (such as Children of Men , V For Vendetta and, especially, 1984) I think you will enjoy The Snipist .  It stars Douglas Henshall as a sniper guarding a lone woman in a rabies-infested Britain.  It is chilling, bleak and features the voice of John Hurt.

For comedy, I recommend Damned starring Jo Brand and Alan Davis as stressed social workers.  This is very much for people who liked The Thick of It and Getting On (which also featured Jo Brand as a nurse).  It plays like a pilot and I hope that it gets a full series (if Sky have the guts to make a comedy set in Children's Services after Rotherham, that is).

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @DarylM The Snipist sounds right up my street! 

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

The second series of Duck Quacks Don't Echo has started, and is worth a punt for fans of comedy factual shows such as QI. Presented by Lee Mack, each week three celebrity guests present  their interesting science facts to be tested on the show and discussed. A verifying panel of scientists will comment on the accuracy of their facts and award marks. It's light on the science and heavy on the comedy, and Lee Mack brings the same bawdiness that he does to his stint on Would I Lie To You? but it's an easy watch and some of the facts are genuine eyebrow raisers. 

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Watched the first episode of Sky One's The Lost Ship last night, and thoroughly enjoyed it. A US Navy destroyer and the people on board hold what is probably the world's only hope for a cure to a global pandemic that has decimated the world's population. But as governments collapse and the world decends into chaos tension increases as it becomes apparent that others want to get their hands on the samples that could hold the key, and not everyone on board is working on the same side. A great opening episode that moved along at a breakneck speed, lots of action, lots of tension and several plot twists makes this look like a series I will be tuning into every week. And if you were hoping the UK might get away lightly ... it's not looking good! Smiley Surprised

0 Thanks
Salfordian
Contributor 3

@geordielee wrote:

@Salfordian wrote:

the transporter series was garbage and cancelled why it never made it to the uk nobody wanted it it was that bad

I liked it, not everyone has the same taste

varsas
Helper 1

Legends is on Sky 1 so will probably be on NowTV soon.

I'm watching season 1 of The Newsroom and it's really enjoyable. Intelligent and a bit schmaltzy but then what would you expect from the man behind The West Wing.

Currently watching on catch-up: The Flash S3, Arrow S5, Supergirl S2, The Walking Dead S7
Waiting for boxsets: Silicon Valley S3, Veep S5.
bazinga
Helper 3

@varsas wrote:
Legends is on Sky 1 so will probably be on NowTV soon.

I'm watching season 1 of The Newsroom and it's really enjoyable. Intelligent and a bit schmaltzy but then what would you expect from the man behind The West Wing.
yeah i just noticed it starts on sky1 tomorrow well worth watching.
0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@varsas and @bazinga

Legends sounds like my type of drama, thanks for the heads up!
0 Thanks