cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

289 REPLIES 289
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylM 

Yeah agreed, it's impossible to please everyone, though NOW TV do tend to err more on the side of requiring binge viewing to get through quite a few of the box sets from what I've seen.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, @Anonymous User , @Andy  The pilot episode of Stalker is now available on demand.  I may be wrong, but I thought its first broadcast was tonight at 10pm.  So a little sneak preview here.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Thanks for the heads-up @DarylM

Other commitments mean I'm getting behind on quite a bit of viewing, but things are easing off now so I'm hoping to catch up over the next week or two. I'm only up to Episode 5 of The Leftovers so I must fit that in ASAP and I'm almost out of time on The Last Ship as well! Don't even get me started in The Knick!

However I've just managed to squeeze in Stalker. Without giving away spoilers, I enjoyed it more as the episode went on. I was a little worried it might be a bit too straight procedural (I prefer my crime dramas with a bit more of a twist, think Person of Interest or The Blacklist) but by the end of it, it looks like there could be more to it, so I'll be tuning in to episode 2 to see how it develops! Plus I'm a fan of both Dylan McDermott and Maggie Q so that helps!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy 

A friend of mine commented that it really does get going as the series progresses as there are on-going plot lines that get developed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've ended up really enjoying The Leftovers. Wasn't that into it at first. I've got one episode to go, but have rather gotten into Veep, which I'm ploughing through this morning.

Only 20-25 minutes per episode, so very easy to get all the way through!

Tom

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User I'll tune in for the next couple and see how it goes, I've got loads of shows still to catch up on but there were a few hints of intrigue that may make me stick with it.

@Anonymous User I'm finding The Leftovers quite frustrating viewing, it doesn't have the same drip feeding of plot points and cinematic feel that made The Returned such compelling viewing, but again it's one that I'm trying to stick with (I just manage to catch each episode before it expires!) as I'm hoping the payoff will be there in the end!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gomorrah has just been added as a boxset (available until 2017). If you didn't get to watch it first time around I'd suggest giving it a go.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Psychobitches returns tonight on Sky Arts with a double bill.  The first episode of Season 2 is available on demand before its broadcast this evening.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm watching tonight's episode of The Knick.  This show is incredible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Agreed, just about to watch it on catch up...