cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

289 REPLIES 289
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I don't usually have much time for shows revolving around a weird mystery.  But the first episode of Wayward Pines was actually pretty good.

I'll watch the first season.  I just hope that the mystery doesn't get dragged out into increasing complexity with a disappointing conclusion.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you recommend any intelligent drama (not action, fantasy or sci-fi).  Anything Like Breaking bad, spiral, true detective, the bridge

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  For intelligent drama, the main place to visit is the Sky Atlantic channel.  Foreign dramas can also be found on Sky Arts.

Looking at each of the shows you've mentioned, I'll suggest similar programmes for each.

Breaking Bad = Justified (season 1 is ok, but if you stick with it season 2 is a belter)

Spiral = Gomorrah

True Detective = The Affair (this is on catch up rather than boxset, but ep1 is currently available)

The Bridge = The Tunnel (an Anglo-French version of The Bridge. No prizes for guessing where it's set)

Even though you're not a fan of the fantastical, I'd still say that The Enfield Haunting is one ghost story which is well worth a look.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of thrones

After years of sky subs, given that i actually only want to watch one program, nowtv has been a bit of a pullback to sky as it has this program available, almost on demand
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Game of Thrones fans should enjoy this interview with George RR Martin on The South Bank Show.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watched the first episode of season 2 of Murder in the First,  brilliant opener and doesn't require having watched season 1 to know what's going on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Totally agree about Murder in the First S2 Ep1

Instant attention grabber Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see 1992 has been added to the boxsets. It's an Italian subtitled political drama set around the Craxi scandal (I had no idea what it was either) and the beginnings of the rise of Berlusconi back in the early 90s. I really enjoyed watching it each week, and if you get a chance you should give it ago.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We all know that Chicago Fire is currently been shown on Sky Living but can't we have Chicago PD on box sets?

It's wrote by the same person and on a few occasions Chicago Fire and Chicago PD have back to back episodes. It sort of gave a false ending to season 2 given that we missed the 2 Chicago PD episodes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm really suprised at how much i'm enjoying 'Falling Skies' after almost being put off by some fairly negative reviews on the internet saying it's a poor mans 'Battlestar Galatica' with terrible special effects.

It's not the best TV series that i will ever see but it's definitely worth watching and getting better with every episode that i watch, the special effects in my opinion are top notch, even the 'Mechs' that people seem to have a problem with certainly ain't that bad and season 2 first few episodes look amazing considering it's only a TV series and not a blockbuster film, i'm guessing people who gave it poor reviews didn't get past the first few episodes of season 1 which are a bit slow.

I will definitely be watching this till the end - Very underrated in my opinion