cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

289 REPLIES 289
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lost!! Walking Dead. Leftovers. Enlightened...they're all good. Lost though is the best ever!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree, The Walkng Dead fell a bit flat for me around series 3 time, but it's definitely picked up again now, I also really like Enlghtened & it's a real shame there's not going to be a 3rd series.  The Leftovers I feel took a few episodes to kick off, but is now really very good & it's great to know HBO/Warner have commissioned a second series.  I just hope Sky picks it up again as part of their deal with HBO. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

About a boy on sky one,

i didnt think id like it as its based on the film and that was crap but i enjoyed it for a bit comedy not sure if season one available at min not checked but it should come back when season 2 starts 

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

New boxsets were uploaded today.

For fans of reality TV, 8 seasons of Geordie Shore are now available - plus the first episode of Season 9 on catchup.

But for drama fans, apart from Game of Thrones Season 1 and all of The Wire (both of which have been available on Now TV before), I'm not convinced that there's much of great interest in this month's new boxsets.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"I'm not convinced that there's much of great interest in this month's new boxsets"

I agree DarylM when I joined it was for content such as Game of Thrones, the recent additions and (e.g.) ITV encore aren't of much interest to me.

I have enjoyed Gomorrah, the final season of Broadwalk Empire and I think we have new Elementary coming soon, but much of the new stuff is very generic.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DarylM  & @Anonymous User 

I must be one of the few people who haven't seen Game Of Thrones so I'm quite pleased to see series one back.  Does anyone know if NOW TV is going to show the other series in chronological order & keep them on long enough so it's possible to watch them all without having to view 24/7?!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

It looks like Game of Thrones S1 is up until end of December, so just over an episode a week should see you right. NOW TV have said further series are to follow but not given any timescales. However Imwould have thought its likely to be a season each month in order to lead into season 5 next year.

Everyone loves GoT so you should definitely catch it now! 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm going to guess at a new season a month, with each being available for 2. This should result in them all having been made available before April when season 5 starts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  that would be ideal.  Too many boxsets have not had a long enough run of late to practically watch them, don't know if you agree, or it's just me having one of my moans lol? 

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm sure there will still be people moaning that, instead of being able to binge view 4 seasons in a single month for £6.99, they will now have to pay at least twice that (depending on when they start) to watch the same content.

Releasing seasons individually at a rate of one per month is clearly better for Now TV and people who like to take their time over shows.  Not so good for people who prefer to binge view a particular show.