cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

289 REPLIES 289
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Hi, I'm finding the The Last Ship a bit diffficult to get into.  Apparently it's going to run for a second season so hopefully it'll pick up.

Regards @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User 

Hi, I'm finding the The Last Ship a bit diffficult to get into.  Apparently it's going to run for a second season so hopefully it'll pick up.

Regards @Anonymous User 

I'm glad its getting a second season then because the first is just setting the ground for it in just 12 episodes but it does end(without giving anything away) on a cliff hanger and a new side to the show on land

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you're a Homeland fan then Season 2 of the Israeli original Prisoners of War is available on Sky Arts.

The Homeland team also made Tyrant which is shown on Friday nights on Fox and is from the same creator - Gideon Raff.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

STALKER

Its not on now tv yet but sky living have got rights to it sites online say oct/nov aire date.

seen first 2 episodes and so far looks like its going to be a good one.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Looks interesting ... is it an ongoing story arc or is it a different stalker each episode?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Andy Bit of both by looks of it new stalkers each episode plus a ongoing story with the cops.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sounds like my kind of show, will look out for it! Smiley Happy

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm going to give a heads up for The Knick which will be on Sky Atlantic this Thursday at 9pm.

It's a medical drama set in a New York hospital in 1900.  It stars Clive Owen and is directed by Steven Soderbergh.

I think if you like Ripper Street, Peaky Blinders or Boardwalk Empire this might be worth a look.

(I was hoping for a See It First Preview for this, but no luck it seems.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DarylM thanks for pointing The Knick out, sounds like very promising.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wholeheartedly recommend The Cafe. It's a gentle comedy set in a family run beach front cafe in Weston super Mare. Directed by Craig Cash it stars his Royle Family co-star Ralph Little who co-wrote it.

Wonderful characters - especially love the tech-savvy knitting granny!

Love the Sorkin dramas - can't wait for Newsroom 3 - so would love to see Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip in the Box Sets.