cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

289 REPLIES 289
Anonymous User
Not applicable
its not on nowtv but is coming to channel 5 soon gotham new batman series watched first episode last night looks like its going to be a great series.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just in case you missed it in the Preview Alerts thread, Forever is a new show available now from Sky1.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I spoke too soon.  It seems that Forever currently won't play.

Hopefully it won't take (wait for it)... 'forever' to fix.

oh, please yourselves.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I will be shouting this one from the rooftops - all 5 seasons of Justified are now available on Now TV.

If you find the first season frustratingly episodic with its standalone episodes, I urge you to stick with it until Season 2 when it switches to a more long-form format with an ongoing story.  Season 2 is fantastic.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm going to give Justified a go, although I'm just working through the first season of The Blacklist at the moment. I hadn't seen it before but can't stop watching it now!

Tom

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Great thread, @DarylM 

I am loving Sky One's 50 Ways To Kill Your Mammy it's an hilarious travel show featuring Baz Ashmawy who takes his 71 year old reluctant mother around the world to experience new activities that might just finish her off ... sky diving, wrestling crocodiles, rallying across the desert, nothing is too extreme for Baz and his Mammy. This show is a great feel good watch, and a great replacement for all those missing Karl Pilkington's Idiot Abroad adventures. The rapport between Baz and his mother is such a genuine one that really adds something new to the mix, you can't help but fall in love with Nancy as if she was your own mammy! Highly recommended and genuinely belly-laugh-inducing! Well done Sky One.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ray Donovan, Banshee, Lost (if you haven't seen it), The Walking Dead..............And The Last Ship which starts tonight, think its tonight anyway

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello!

Plenty of great recommendations so far Smiley Very Happy

I'd reccomend Adam Buxton's Bug on Sky Atlantic. 

It's an eight part comedy show featuring a collection of weird and wonderful music videos (and their equally weird YouTube comments) hosted by Dr.Buckles of Adam and Joe fame. 

It's properly funny and while there's only been one series, I'm hoping Sky Atlantic reliase that it's their best show and decide to make many more. 

Kindest Regards

Steve

NOW TV Team 

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  I plan to try The Last Ship on Sky 1 tonight at 8 and Tyrant on FOX at 9 (it's a new show from, I think, the creators of Homeland and kind-of in the same vein).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've watched season one already and can tell you it's good, it's no Lost or Walking Dead but definitely worth a watch