cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

289 REPLIES 289
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

The second series of Duck Quacks Don't Echo has started, and is worth a punt for fans of comedy factual shows such as QI. Presented by Lee Mack, each week three celebrity guests present  their interesting science facts to be tested on the show and discussed. A verifying panel of scientists will comment on the accuracy of their facts and award marks. It's light on the science and heavy on the comedy, and Lee Mack brings the same bawdiness that he does to his stint on Would I Lie To You? but it's an easy watch and some of the facts are genuine eyebrow raisers. 

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Tyrant looks as if has the potential to be something interesting and morally complex.  It's from the producers of Homeland and is about the son of a dictator who has left his (fictional) Middle East country to make a life for himself in America.  But he returns to his home country for a family wedding, along with his wife and children, and slowly becomes enmeshed in the politics of his country.

Yes, it appears to be a drama inspired by the Arab Spring.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

The marketing email from Now TV today - marketing Boardwalk Empire - says that Seasons 1-5 of Justified will be available from October 1st.

This is very big news because Season 5 of Justified has been unavailable in the UK in any format after Channel 5 didn't pick it up for their digital sister channel 5USA (after they'd shown Seasons 1-4).

I thought Netflix would get it because they currently have Seasons 1-4.  Unless they will somehow get it at the same time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylM wrote:

Tyrant looks as if has the potential to be something interesting and morally complex.  It's from the producers of Homeland and is about the son of a dictator who has left his (fictional) Middle East country to make a life for himself in America.  But he returns to his home country for a family wedding, along with his wife and children, and slowly becomes enmeshed in the politics of his country.

Yes, it appears to be a drama inspired by the Arab Spring.

I watched first 5 or so episodes off nowtv and i couldnt get away with it thought it was kinda boring tbh
Anonymous User
Not applicable
busy watching the last ship its not too bad so I thought id recommend it here
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User

Yep I recommended The Last Ship as well. Thought first episode was great and was interested to see if the next episode would be as good... And it certainly was! Looks like it will be a great action thriller!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Andy i also recommend unforgettable on sky Atlantic thats decent series aswell and mad dogs on sky1 if you haven't already seen them
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Cheers @Anonymous User

There's so much good stuff appearing all at once I don't know how I'm going to get through it all! 🙂
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

For those enjoying The Last Ship on Sky 1, you might be interested in Killer Outbreaks on Discovery as a documentary companion piece.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
just watched 1st 2 episodes of perception on abc channel seems ok worth watch if nothing else takes yr fancy