cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Price hike at a time when your new content is stagnant?

Now the GOT  has finished NOW TV is stagnant.  A handful of mediocre shows like

Euphoria and Manifest don't really cut it and each month the Box sets are exactly the same as last months so explain to me how this is good time to put your prices up?.  Time to check out Amazon Prime.

41 REPLIES 41
starman73
Elite
starman73
Elite
RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

Thanks for that - but as you say, slightly different.

It does prove, for those who might rest uneasy, that NowTV can turn Passes on remotely, but it doesn’t prove that they do it, or can do it, as a matter of policy, as was being claimed.

In fact, it was giving people what they had already requested, or were entitled to, but hadn’t actually had. And the main, and very legitimate, worry here, that this could pitch those people unbidden into a new payment cycle, was dealt with by not having those belated Passes auto-renew.

So all a bit startling, and not handled well - I’d have been inclined to say “Here’s a Pass we missed giving you  - turn it on if you want to” and not auto-activated them; but maybe that ‘Voucher Waiting’ wasn’t around back then?

And hopefully, there have been no recurrences since December 2017?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

I knew I would regret posting...

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

On the contrary, all grist to the mill...

You’re going to hate it if I say that we don’t know if that free six-month Pass was set to auto-renew though, or just expire like a Week’s Sports Pass, aren’t you?

I’d switch to my CaxtonFX card, but I don’t think NowTV take euros..... unless you know different?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways

Fat chance. Caxton FX have a sterling card, but as usual you post more mis-information.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

Yes, and they have a USD card as well, but I haven’t got either that or the GBP one 🤣

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free or not it's rather dodgy in my eyes. What's wrong with an email OFFERING you a free month and letting you decide whether to accept or not. I wouldn't be happy if it was pushed on me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free or not it's rather dodgy in my eyes. What's wrong with an email OFFERING you a free month and letting you decide whether to accept or not. I wouldn't be happy if it was pushed on me.

Dear Now TV - please ignore this and continue pushing the free passes to me. They are most welcome. I am very happy.

I suspect the reason I got the free pass is I haven't used Now TV for ages,  and after applying the sports week pass earlier this week they want to encourage me to get Cinema. Great. Don't suppose I can have a free entertainment pass as well. 🙂 Feel free to add it to my account when new season of Walking Dead starts.