cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Price hike at a time when your new content is stagnant?

Now the GOT  has finished NOW TV is stagnant.  A handful of mediocre shows like

Euphoria and Manifest don't really cut it and each month the Box sets are exactly the same as last months so explain to me how this is good time to put your prices up?.  Time to check out Amazon Prime.

41 REPLIES 41
RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy  cc: @Anonymous User 

Oh, I don’t think we have to disagree on it, do we?

I think that no-one should ever have a pass auto-started, even a truly free one, let alone one with a paid renewal.  And not even from a Stick sold with a multipass offer, where these autostart when you initialise the Stick; I don’t like that.

Fine for NowTV to send you a free pass, even one with a paid renewal. But I think that just like a Day or Week Sports Pass, every sort of pass that isn’t itself an auto-renewal should just sit there until you watch something covered by it.

And ideally at that point that NowTV will tell you that you are about to start the Pass; ask if you really want to and back off if not; demand the Payment PIN, even for a truly free pass, so no-one else can start it without your approval; and tell you if this is a truly free pass, and if not, when payment would start; and if it is a multi-month pass, tell you if you lose all but the current month by cancelling early or not.

Not even fine to auto-start a truly free pass; perhaps the person it is sent to is on a three-month world cruise, and can’t take advantage of it, so again, such a Pass should only be started by watching something.

Or maybe we will disagree because you wouldn’t sew it up so tight 🙂

But the above would certainly indicate my disapproval of any scheme in which NowTV auto-restarted dormant passes, and thus auto-restarted continuing payment; my only issue here is whether or not NowTV have actually done this at any time.

And even for the examples so far found, which I think describe autostarts under slightly different conditions from that, my disapproval is also indicated.

Getting your customers ticked off, whether by accident or design, is indeed no way to go.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys

I have read this thread with interest and agree with points of view from all, I think that whether your given a free pass with auto renew or without auto renew, Whatever the pass is as default when applying any pass to your account free or otherwise  you should always be asked for you payment pin.

If payment pin was mandatory then you would be fully aware of any active pass and auto renew on your account and would not be surprised when the payments show up on your bank account

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi CD

You know, I'm not sure if having a PIN on your account can prevent Now TV from auto-renewing a pass if they chose to do so.

I know a secret PIN will prevent a wayward friend or family member from messing about with your Now TV account but unsure if that prevention facility extends any further.

UK Bob

PS. I doubt if Now TV will ever tell us.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Hi bob, Yes I agree with what your saying,  I think what I am trying to say is if now tv apply a pass to your account it should only be activated with a payment pin.

I don't think its good idea to apply a pass with auto renew if by any chance your not aware of it  until it shows up on your bank statement.

Kind Regards

Cheryl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@NowTV - please feel free to add free sports, cinema and entertainment passes directly to my account whenever you like and however frequently you like. Just send cancellation at same time.

Thanks Very Much.  

Looking forward to watching Bohemian Rhapsody this weekend.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some people can't see the wood for the trees.....the word "gullible' sadly springs to mind 😑

RoyB
Legend

clipboard_image_0.jpeg

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not aimed at you @RoyB  😉

RoyB
Legend

Yes, I realised that. You just put me in mind of what I think is the best Asterix book 📚