cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Price hike at a time when your new content is stagnant?

Now the GOT  has finished NOW TV is stagnant.  A handful of mediocre shows like

Euphoria and Manifest don't really cut it and each month the Box sets are exactly the same as last months so explain to me how this is good time to put your prices up?.  Time to check out Amazon Prime.

41 REPLIES 41
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

That ‘Renews on 19 October 2019’ - would that by any chance be the chargeable fishhook in the Movies Pass bait that NowTV have just given you for ‘free’?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

More mis-information. Read @Anonymous User post. The email said it was CANCELLED.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I got the email it was cancelled. And it finishes on 19 Oct. As you stated on other thread probably the promotion, but I didn't pay for it, I got it from PS PLUS.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Don't lose that email, especially as your NowTV Dashboard shows the pass as renewing October 19th. Keep an eye on that AND your bank account/card statement, just in case. Better safe than sorry.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Given card on account expired in February 2019 and was replaced I reckon I will be OK.

Also on full sized chrome it says...

Sky Cinema Month Pass
Cancelled
You can keep watching until 19 Oct 2019
You won't be charged for this pass again. We're always adding new movies to our exciting collection - and you can come back anytime.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @RoyB @starman73 @Anonymous User 

Wow Guys

This thread seems to have blown up since yesterday and, from my point of view, with a little bit of revisionist history.

Anyway, here's my point of view:-

As Robert said, in the recent past Now TV introduced an unpublished policy of starting an Entertainment pass on dormant accounts without warning, but I believe emails were sent to users afterwards telling them that the first month was free. However, those that had not seen the email suddenly found money coming out of their accounts, as they believed, without authority.

Now bear in mind that people that had not seen the email included those going through person difficulties, illness, on holiday, the elderly, etc.  

So I, along with a good number of others, wrote in protesting about this policy  and how it came as a shock to a lot of people, especially the elderly. Now TV said they were going to turn off this “auto-renew” facility but this seems to be not entirely correct.

This is the first discussion that I took part in:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/I-didn-t-request-this-service/td-p/451985

At this stage, I believed Now TV had abandoned this unpopular policy but a little later on other customers started to complain about "auto-renew".

This is a discussion we had last year:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Unsolicited-and-unwanted-14-day-Hayu-trial-applied-to-my-account/m-p/476179#M6391

Now, I am sure I have taken part is other discussions about this “auto-renew” facility but it would just take too long to find them all, however I can say that this facility which Now TV has in it's arsenal is not something they are going to let go of.

OK Guys, if you need anything else then give me a shout.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for an excellent post @ukbobboy  which only goes to clarify what I term 'dodgy' practices, something I've never come across with other providers. The proper way is to offer the choice via email, not email after reactivating an account/pass.

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy 

Nobody could ever accuse NowTV of handling things eptly 😜

But neither of the examples you quote quite support the assertion that NowTV resurrects dormant accounts.

The first case is the one we had before, the one-off where NowTV resurrected some Passes that customers were entitled to, but had failed to get. None of which autorenewed.

Yes, they handled it badly; yes the Passes shouldn’t have been autostarted; yes they should have provided better information about it. But unless anybody enjoying one of these Passes decided to continue it of their own free will, NowTV didn’t gain any revenue by it; they merely fulfilled a past obligation to these customers.

Unless you know different?

The second case wasn’t a dormant restart either; it was a side offer to a newly requested pass.

Such an offer requires too much vigilance on the part of the customer receiving it for me to be entirely comfortable with it, but this wasn’t the auto-restart of a dormant pass.

So I think we are still looking for a real case of this. Keep them coming...,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

I am bemused, as well as amused. How can a question contain mis-information?

ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Roy

I think this "auto-renew" topic is just one of those things we will have to disagree on, simple because if you want to give a customer something for free, especially as it has a monthly subscription attached, you should ask if they want it first, not apply the pass then tell them about it afterwards.

And finally, no matter how you look at it, it cannot be sensible to do something that severely ticks your customers off.

UK Bob