cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Price hike at a time when your new content is stagnant?

Now the GOT  has finished NOW TV is stagnant.  A handful of mediocre shows like

Euphoria and Manifest don't really cut it and each month the Box sets are exactly the same as last months so explain to me how this is good time to put your prices up?.  Time to check out Amazon Prime.

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

while Prime is alternative choice to NowTv the biggest issue with Prime is way to many items are pay to view.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I find Netflix to be much better than Prime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At least they have new shows NOW TV just recycles the same things and waits for the odd HBO hand me down

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Take a holiday from NowTV for a few months then, by cancelling your Pass.

It’s designed to let you do that.

While you cancelling for a bit will be a drop in the ocean, if enough people feel like you, then the multiple drops will be a weight of water NowTV can’t ignore, and they may reconsider their pricing and programmes selection.

OK, back to the marvellous Succession Season 2, with a side order of the latest season of The Affair...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Oh dear, forget The Affair.

I was all poised to come on here and ask how NowTV had managed to replace the middle of Season 5 Episode 1 with a chunk of a bad sci-fi movie, when I found from a review that it was deliberate, and actually part of the programme..... 👽

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Hey Roy

You said, "Take a holiday from NowTV for a few months....It’s designed to let you do that".

I agree that Now TV does, theoretically, have this hiatus facility but remember that they've now enacted a so-called helpful (but unwanted) policy of auto-starting passes for you, whether you wanted them to or not.

So my question is this, how long can you go on hiatus from Now TV before they decide to help you out?

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

Hi @ukbobboy 

So you are suggesting that NowTV spontaneously, and without user contact or action, restart Passes that users have cancelled?

And that this is policy?

As they say on Wikipedia, citation needed; both for where by accepting NowTV’s T&Cs I would authorising this, and for where on this Community there are proven examples of this happening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There have been instances in the not too distant past of people complaining that passes were restarted without user knowledge. Personally I can't remember where I read these reports but I certainly remember reading of them renewing lapsed passes. I think the passes were free for the first month but the customers weren't informed they had actually been restarted by NowTV. Maybe @ukbobboy  will have links to share to corroborate this.

starman73
Elite

Now TV did reactivate my dormant account, but to be fair the email that they sent stated that NO further payments would be taken unless I explicitly decided to continue.  Prior to that many were opted in and because they had not noticed email, pass had recommenced so were not aware they were paying again.

Fearful of writing this, but a good reason to have a pre-paid card on your account with a low balance.