cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pluto TV App

• Hi guys need some advice I'm interested in Pluto tv is it only available on a now tv box or can I access it on now tv app on my youview box
8 REPLIES 8
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Thanks for your post @Anonymous User  😀

The Pluto TV app is housed within Roku and NOW TV devices. Both our Smart Stick and Smart Box have it available to download right now 😀

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Graham-S What about allowing Amazon Prime Video on the Now TV devices? 

And also allowing Now TV to be on Amazon Fire TV 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

No signs of that happening right now @gavs82008 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Graham-S  that is disappointing as I have a subscription to Amazon and Netflix on top of Now TV.

Would be handy for travelling that Now TV was available on Amazon Fire TV as I have a Amazon Fire stick. Don't see the point in owning 2 devices just for travelling purposes. 

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

I’d rather see Amazon Video on my NowTV Stick, as that boots a bloody sight faster from cold than the Firestick does.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB can't argue with you on the booting up speeds with the Fire stick. That being said the Fire stick does have the ITV+ ability whereas for some reason ITV just refuse to allow the plus sub on Roku devices.

Amazon fire also has a couple other apps that aren't available on Roku/Now TV.

It is just a personal preference to have the Amazon fire stick than Roku, which I did have and gave to the in-laws. 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Re the YouView box:-

(i) This currently only supports NowTV Movies, and not Entertainment and Sport. This is set to change in the near future, we are told, but is not here yet.

(ii) It’s important to distinguish between what’s on the NowTV Player on a NowTV box, and what’s on other Players on a NowTV box; only the content actually on the NowTV Player will ever show up on the NowTV Player on YouView.

But this does not mean that the Pluto TV app could not come to YouView as a further Player in its own right, though we have not heard any rumblings that this might be the case at all.

I suggest you email both YouView and Pluto TV and encourage them to get together in this way,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your help