cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv stick

I have just received my smart stick. I plugged it in and followed the instructions however it is stuck on a loop. The "Let's get started" screen comes up,I press OK and then sign in to my wifi then it does the update and then goes back to "Let's get started".

I've tried all the troubleshooting options but still the same thing.

Anyone know if there's anything else I can try before I return it?

8 REPLIES 8
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Naomi

Have you tried to factory reset your Now TV stick back down to it's initial zero state, this usually cures most hard and software glitches.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi uk Bob,

Yes,I've tried factory reset twice 🤦‍♀️

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have unplugged and plugged back in also. Went on webchat but they only suggested what I had already tried and then suggested I return the stick 🥴

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Naomi

Yes, I would agree that the stick is probably faulty and since you've tried all the trouble shooting tips returning the device would be the next logical step.

Personally, I'm not a stick user but I understand from other forum members that the Amazon Fire  or the Roku sticks would be better quality choices, although they do cost a bit more.

Anyway, I wish you luck on the next stick you choose, whether it's a straight replacement, another Now TV stick, or a recommended alternative.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

I already have a nowtv account,just upgraded from the box to the stick.

Thanks for your help, I guess I'll return it and request a replacement 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Naomi

Your Now TV account will also work on the other sticks I've mentioned, it just that you may have to go through an extra setup procedure, for example I have a Roku 3 box with a Now TV app installed on it. And admittedly, I had to register my Roku 3 on the Roku web-site before I could use Now TV, but the registration process cost nothing and I gained a lot more additional apps and facilities. 

As for Amazon fire facilities, they're easier to register for and access than the Roku ones.

So choosing an alternative stick does not cut you off from your account, apps and/or facilities you've signed up for with Now TV.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Before considering sending the Stick back, use the Community Forum search box on the top of the Forum page and type in the search engine "Lets Get Started" or something along those lines .

You just need to plough through all the various threads on the subject and see if someone has found a solution or workaround.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Thanks,will try that