cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Account hacked

Good morning

I need to speak to someone URGENTLY from NowTV, my account has been hacked and four separate payments have been taken from my bank account today, I have not signed up for anything.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this exact thing happen to me on Tuesday. I had a entertainment free trial and a weeks sky sports bought on the account and it isn't possible that it was someone my end. I'm guessing it's an error they are having but my refund emails have been ignored so far. I've now put a pin on the account and my bank have stopped them taking any future payments. This means I won't be able to use the service anymore as I can't trust them with my card details. @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue. My card is being debited.

The Bank say I will have to cancel my Bank Account to stop NowTV debiting.

There is a security issue somewhere.

NowTV won't respond and keep taking payments.

I've tried changing in my debit card - they catch up with this and continue to debit.

Really angry - over 14 months! - about 400 pounds!

I'll have to send an old fashioned letter and get my solicitor involved - my get a response.

starman73
Elite

Maybe too late for this advice, but when you sign up for anything online, use a monzo/revolut/starling account with just enough money to pay for the month.  That way even if the bank account is compromised, no other money can be taken.  It is a bit of a drag moving money in and out of accounts, but better than getting robbed.

Also check bank accounts regularly.  14 months before noticing is a long time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

My card has been used by a hacker on this account.

Help please.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv won't help you, I had the same issue they can tell you what time and where it happened.  I had a sports pass used on my account for 9.99 in London. I live 70 miles away! They told me to contact the police, laughable!

I got a refund from my credit card company. 

I added a pin to my account so it shouldn't happen again. 

I believe someone has either sold our information or there has been a data breach at now tv - I told them this but they didn't care. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems like there has been a spate of these recently. Had it happen to me this morning - and yes, checked to make sure none of the family were up and trying to access it at 6.30am! 2 passes purchased and yet my Now TV stick wasn't even plugged in. What makes this really suspicious is that the account password reset tool isn't (or wasn't earlier) currently working - which made me wonder if it had been overwhelmed by thousands of customers desperately trying to reset their password. Even customer support couldn't get it to send me a password reset link, and that was even after changing my email address.

Something doesn't seem quite right, or its one hell of a coincidence. Any news of a data breech?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, my account has been hacked, somebody bought the movie pass which I didnt do, its charged my card, and they also started a free trial with the now tv boost, the only thing I pay for is entertainment, and whoever is hacking has the nerve to watch Harry Potter!,  acting like it's totally fine hacking my account and using my card!  Any ideas on what to do?, I've put a pin on now, and changed password but that didnt log that person out, so what do I do? Please help as I cant afford this stuff

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Speak with your bank and cancel your card otherwise you will be charged
again if you can't stop the trial. You should be able to get a refund from
your bank for the fraudulent use of your card.
Speak with NowTV as they can tell you where and when the account was
started. They won't refund you or give you any other info but you can give
this info to your bank. NowTV are useless and I believe they have either
had a data breach or someone is selling our details.
Good luck!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any ideas on what to do?

A bit late, perhaps, but change your password, your credit/debit card (ideally to a Monzo/Starling/Revolut card so you are not giving fraudsters the opportunity to spend up to your credit limit/balance+overdraft) and add a payment PIN. 

This will help prevent future occurences.