cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv

I've got a free 1 month entertainment pass but I'm only able to watch it on my mobile. When I attempt to watch it on my tv it tells me to buy a pass. Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a Youview box with your TV ?

If so currently the only NowTV pass that you can watch on a Youview box is movies.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-shows-that-aren-t-available-on-youview 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, no I'm using the now tv app on my tv. I've got the app on my phone too
and it's working fine on that. It's just everytime I go to watch it on my
tv it tells me i need to buy a pass.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

So you have either a LG or Samsung Smart TV with the native NowTV App inbuilt into the television ?

I don't own an LG or Samsung Smart TV, but have you tried logging out of the NowTV App, then switch the power off at the mains plug (give it a minute) then power up the television and try signing back into the NowTV App with the same account details that you used to receive the free entertainment pass.

Also check by going to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here that the free entertainment pass has been successfully applied to your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I have an xbox which I used to download the app onto. I have a Sony TV.

When I try to use now tv on my xbox its telling me I need to purchase a
pass but when I go to vouchers and passes its telling me I've got an
entertainment pass to use until the 3rd December.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Now TV is not an app on Sony TVs, it is only available on LG or Samsung TVs. 

Have a look at this link which covers all devices Now TV is on. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

When you are logging into your Xbox One Now TV app, I assume your using the same log in details as your mobile?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

And not trying to watch a movie, or sports?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No I've only got an entertainment pass
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

So you are on the Xbox, you go to Passes & vouchers, and you can see an Entertainment Pass that lasts until December 3rd?

But you come out of that menu, go to the Entertainment area, and it tells you you need a Pass to watch?

What programme? Can you try a few different programmes and see if the same thing occurs?

Can you reboot the Xbox and see if that clears it?

If not, get on to Live Chat, and see what they have to say:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, the app isn't on the tv itself I've downloaded the app on my xbox