cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andyydna
Mentor

Now tv Rebrand to ''Now''

Just updated iphone app and seen that Nowtv are changing to now,  Wonder if this will mean any change to the pricing structure/ service offered? Price promotions mentioned in this article

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2021/03/15/now-tv-rebrands-now-dropping-tv-qualifier

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andyydna 

Will be interesting to see meant to be officially happening tomorrow i've seen the new look on iPhone it's a bit lifeless really 

Andyydna
Mentor

Yes looking at the article wording like ''take out a subscription'' is used, purely speculation on my end but sounds like a slightly different strategy to the existing monthly passes.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andyydna 

For “now” (pun intended) I don’t see any any changes to pricing yet. 

Although it is something I can definitely see happening at some point. If you take a look at Peacock TV, which is also owned by Comcast their pricing is fantastic, and I really do hope that it’s something we see happen sooner than later. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This information of the NowTV rebrand has just been added to the NowTV Help Centre (or meant to say NOW Help Centre) which is going take time for me to get used too when typing out my posts, together with not referring to passes anymore but rather than calling them memberships going forward in the future.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-now 

Saint1976
Elite 3

Customer services email address is still the same for the time being

Screenshot_20210316-101626.jpg

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976  @schnapps  @schnapps  @gavs82008  @Andyydna 

Well Fellas

Now TV have refreshed their brand to Now, and so the changes to go along with the new image has started.  This forum pages, for a start, now has a black banner, which caught me by surprise.

Although they say in their blurb that prices are still the same, I believe that is "code" for prices are going up in the very near future.

I speculated, a few days ago, that Now is going to target a higher paying clientele, and I believe this "refresh" is the first part of this strategy.

Another code word is "membership", the change from "pass" to membership will probably transition from "subscription free" to "monthly subscription", I presume the timescale for this transition process has already started.

Well, all the above is just speculation on my part but, in my defence, I've seen these code words before and if they behave "true to form" then my speculation will prove to be prophetic.

Until something else happens.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

For prices to increase this is no different.  Take a look at Netflix and Disney for example, they both have raised their prices recently in the UK. 

Speaking of Netlfix, they call their "subscription" membership. In my personal view this is just no different between Now and Netflix. Of course we know that Netflix continues to give the flexiblity and you can cancel whenever you want. 

This I just don't see happening with Now. What they might do is start bringing back bulk membership deals, currently they are offering 4 months of Entertainment and Movies at around £39.99. 

Have said multiple times across the forum, if they go towards the pricing tiers of Peacock (also owned by Comcast/Sky) then its all the better, being a Peacock subscriber and only paying $4.99 a month for all their content with some adverts its fantastic value for money. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Andyydna
Mentor

One thing I have noticed is that there doesn’t seem to be much reference to sports mobile month passes anywhere. I wonder if they are being phased out potentially. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

https://www.nowtv.com/offers

Mobile sports pass membership is definitely there.  I don’t think there would be any plans to remove it. 

67E0A60C-9C57-48B6-9072-95EB15F7095B.jpeg