cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that Sky Arts is no longer a subscription channel?

Seeing that sky arts is now a freeview channel does anyone think we might get an extra channel in its place? 

14 REPLIES 14
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Right you are. Sorry for the total confusion on my end.

Sometimes difficult to remember what’s still Fox and what’s Disney owned. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

does anyone think we might get an extra channel in its place? 

Unlikely to go as on-demand content is subscription only.  FWIW I think pretty much every other channel bar Sky Atlantic would be ahead of it on my list to replace.  

Ceejay_London
Scholar

One thing I think Now TV should now do is treat Sky Arts in the same way as Sky News. i.e. make it available in SD for free to anyone who downloads the app, and make it available in HD 1080p for anyone with a Boost Pass only (whether or not they have an Entertainment pass).

Making Sky Arts available for free via the app would equate the policy with that for Sky News (both of these channels are FTA on broadcast media) whilst improving access for individuals who may not receive the ARQ A Freeview Mux because they use a Freeview Lite transmitter.

I would have thought it was also a great marketing tool to get people to buy passes to get the other adjacent channels on the guide.

The fact that you have to pay to get Sky Arts on NOW TV when you don't for Sky News (and both are on Freeview) just doesn't make much sense now.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

...you have to pay to get Sky Arts on NOW TV when you don't for Sky News (and both are on Freeview) just doesn't make much sense now.

The difference is there isn’t much need for catch up/on demand on a news channel.  I am happy to pay for the on demand/catch up access on Now Tv rather than having to record everything off the live broadcast on Freeview/TiVo.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, why would they do that when they've just put up the price!