cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that Sky Arts is no longer a subscription channel?

Seeing that sky arts is now a freeview channel does anyone think we might get an extra channel in its place? 

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I sincerely hope it doesn't get replaced as it's in HD on NOW TV and only SD on Freeview. It'd be madness to remove the channel from the Entertainment Pass bouquet. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

It will 100% not be disappearing from Now TV and as mentioned all the catch up content will be on Now TV as well HD with the Boost pass.

All Sky have done is given Freeview access to the SD live channel

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

From the start Sky said they were launching it as only SD on freeview and that HD versions were remaining on there platforms and be the only way to get access to there immense backlog of content.

I can see Fox and National Geographic going far before i see Sky Arts.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Agreed, the way I see it. As soon as Disney launch the Star add on to Disney+ then I see Fox closing. Much similar to the Disney channels that were on Sky until recently.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Specially as Disney want to distance themselves from the Fox Brand. In fairness to them i saw today they have added a ton of content to Disney+ that wasn't on there yesterday so maybe it's not really a bad thing. 

I see Star being a completely different service and a not a Addon on to be honest they have a lot of shows they could put on there ABC/Primetime etc. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
Either way it’s a Disney “service” I’ll be getting.

Definitely agree that Disney are staying away from Fox as much as possible. New films don’t mention Fox in the 21st Century logo at the start.
Although shows done by Fox such as Prodigal Son have the Fox text at the bottom on Hulu.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

In regards to prodigal son it's actually not made by Disney it's made by Fox which still exists as a separate company in america. In UK you are right Fox channel is owned by Disney in america it's not. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Assuming it’s Fox broadcasting 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Broadcasting_Company

Which is owned by Fox cooperation 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Corporation

Which is owned by 21st Century Fox

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_Century_Fox

Which in turn is owned by Disney 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Read the bottom link yourself it will tell you what you need to know disney don't own 21st century they own 20th century.

I promise you though murdoch owns Fox Broadcasting Company still though.