cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv Smart Box with 4K

So I seen advertised a Now Tv Smart Box with 4K ? How can this be the case when Now Tv only streams at 720p ? Or is this a subtle hint that 4K streaming is coming in the future ? I don’t want to go and buy one of these boxes only to find out it was an advertising ploy and that I have wasted my cash. I know like many other Media suppliers (Sky,VM,BT) Now Tv is not the best at coming forward with info regarding forthcoming updates (1080p being a prime example)

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV 4K smart box has the hardware capability to potentially stream 4K with any App that offers 4K UHD on the box.

At the moment only YouTube, Netflix (via their premium account) and the BBC iPlayer can actually offer limited 4K streaming content.

Personally i can't see 4K coming to NowTV in the short or mid term, where 1080p would be the next logical jump in picture quality.

4K might be a pipe dream for us NowTV customers Smiley Sad.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV 4K smart box has the hardware capability to potentially stream 4K with any App that offers 4K UHD on the box.

At the moment only YouTube, Netflix (via their premium account) and the BBC iPlayer can actually offer limited 4K streaming content.

Personally i can't see 4K coming to NowTV in the short or mid term, where 1080p would be the next logical jump in picture quality.

4K might be a pipe dream for us NowTV customers Smiley Sad.