cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

New series Britannia starts tonight

New series Britannia starts tonight on Sky Atlantic! 

Have a quick look at the trailer below just to wet your appetite.

[video]

Still intrigued? All you need to watch Britannia on NOW TV is an Entertainment Pass, and one of our compatible devices.  

And if you haven't promised to watch the series with your better half, you can watch every episode of Season 1 right now!

If this is right up your street, come right back here and let our other community members know your thoughts! 

11 REPLIES 11
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I am excited about this, it's already in my watchlist! In particular intrigued to see if Eleanor Worthington Cox's character really does spend the whole series shouting her head off as appears to be the case from all the publicity ... I'm hoping she's still possessed by theEnfield Poltergeist (nice segue into another excellent NOW TV boxset there!)

image.jpeg

Great to see the whole boxset has been released in one go, watch it when you want where you want.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Why wait until tonight, season 1 episodes 1 to 9 are already on the NowTV service Smiley Happy

Just started watching episode 1 so far loads of bad language (i didn't know those swear words was around in 43AD)  Smiley Very Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I am up to episode 4 so far and this TV show is not really doing anything for me yet, where I may as well see it through it's first season.

One thing is for certain the opening soundtrack and on the end credits is totally rubbish, who had the bright idea to use music that sounds like it came from the 1960's for a Celtic / Roman TV Drama Series Smiley Mad

Surely some Celtic chanting music or a powerful Orchestral theme soundtrack would have been a more fitting choice in my opinion Smiley Very Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Loved the first ep!! Top notch cast with Walking Dead's Governor in one corner, Emperor Palpatine in the other , a great Obi-Wan 'move along' moment and a bucket full of Druid Jedi Knights. Mackenzie Crook does freaky well.

With a theme tune straight out of The Wicker Man, wide aperture cinematography and lots of running around, we just need the Roman's to crack out a ######-er-nee accent and we'd all be in a Guy Ritchie movie! Complete and utter bonkers but it fills the GoT-shaped hole nicely!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

we just need the Roman's to crack out a ######-er-nee accent and we'd all be in a Guy Ritchie movie! 

Aww I,ve been caught by the forum filter. Here's a Pictionary alternative

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Karl Pilkington! Lol. He is a legend! 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

I watched episode 1 the other day and I'm intrigued. 

I'm not sure how this is going to pan out but and like what has been mentioned it partially fills the gap the Game of Thrones has left. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Karl-F

Hey Karl

Is this season 2 of Britannia?  I've already watched all nine episodes of season 1 and found it completely fascinating.

Until I saw Britannia, I had no idea that empire building took more than just having a superior army, it also takes duplicity, exploiting tribal divisions and mistrust, and above all conquering at the most opportune moment.

In other words, Britannia is brilliant.

UK Bob

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Still season 1. 

I've only watched episode 1 so far and enjoyed it. 

Hopefully finish it by the end of the week.  🙂