cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geluk
Expert 2

Lot more ad breaks occurring in shows I watch; not happy

I've noticed recently a lot more advert breaks are intruding in series I watch.

Previously there'd be an occasional one for NOW or SKY, but many shows now seem infected with ads.

Now on Episode 4 of "Murder at The Cottage", and ads for NOW, a security product & a woke ice cream brand; previous episodes didn't suffer this.

NOW is fast losing one of it's main benefits for me.

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Geluk 

Been watching New Amsterdam and have had zero adverts. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
herojan
Expert

Oh yes,  ads are now everywhere and the only way to get rid of them is to pay for Boost,  which is going up to £5 month this month.

Now TV is already over-priced and the whole point of pay for TV is not ads.

Having to pay an extra £5 month for HD and no ads is ridiculous. That's £15 a month,  more than Netflix, Disney and amazon charge for less content (and the others have no ads and 4k for that price)

Once my current deal is over I will seriously think about cancelling.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was not a fan when the interface changed its now a lot slower and harder to navigate round, i didnt like it when they started forcing previews up for other tv shows, and now i have to watch adverts as well!! while paying £9.99 a month, so i have cancelled there is some good stuff on now tv but i think they re taking the p###

herojan
Expert

With Fox UK closing and a lot of the CW superhero shows coming to an end there there is really less and less keeping me with Now

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Below is what I have written for my reason for leaving cancelling NOWtv...

"Because you’re taking the ###### with showing ADVERTS on a paid for streaming service NO other Streaming service does that. People pay for streaming services not just to access quality shows but also to be able to watch without ADVERTS. Your reason for showing adverts is so you can afford more quality SHOWS Then why do we the customer pay a premium you should be FREE then like All all4 Channel 4, I'll never pay you guys ever again for your service until you take down the adverts, Sorry but I took on the service knowing full well you would not be showing any adverts as it was a paid for streaming service. You have essentially killed your own service off by doing so. I have read through your forums and people are fuming annoyed at what you have done & I demand a full refund..."

I'm sorry also charging an extra £3.00 then upping it to £5.00 in July this month is surely going to make this service a no go service people will not stand for this day light robbery. Me I have cancelled my contract ending early what are they thinking plus unless you have Boost you can only stream on one device yet again another lol NOW is being uninstalled from all my devices i.e. the app.

Now are going to lose a lot more customers over this and not just me £9.00 for Entertainment pack 720p resolution good enough for as my TV upscales anyways lucky me £5.00 if wanting boost on top which enables HD and Audio comes to £14.00 NETFLIX Ultra HD (4K) = £11.99 Mm says a lot about NOWtv oh and NO adverts

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Couldn't agree more with this. The new layout is extremely slow to respond on my box, harder to navigate, and the adverts are making me think about cancelling too.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Personally I quite like the new layout. It is very similar to Peacock TV in the US which is also owned by Comcast/Sky, so it makes sense to have the branding similar. 

As for performance, my Sony TV is only a year old and it works just fine on it. When I’ve tested it on my iPad and Amazon fire sticks I’ve also not had any issues with it. 
Adverts weirdly I’ve only had NOW promotions on my iPad, not a single one on my Somy Bravia TV. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help