cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Logo interrupting film

I've watched two films on SkyTV (Game of Thrones and Chernobyl) and every few minutes the film is interrupted by a logo. This is extremely annoying and completely ruins the immersion, really makes me wish there was another way to watch. Please edit them out.

8 REPLIES 8
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Hi 🙂

By logo, do you mean the title of the show that appears a few times? 

That's because with the shows being on catchup, that is where an advert(s) would take place. HBO would have given these versions to NOWTV for them to stream. Hopefully when they are released as boxsets there will be no titles.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

When I had Sky TV  and watching Game of Thrones on catch up, the "logo" was placed each time there would have been adverts. 

So this is not just a Now TV thing. 

That being said I can deal with a "logo" for 10 seconds apposed to adverts which is what Sky started to plug in during their catch up, which in turn gave me another reason to leave for Now TV. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I haven't as yet caught any 'adverts' (or were they promos?) during programmes on NowTV Catchup BUT I have had promos appear on Catchup content on BT TV, most especially on Universal where they appear out of the blue. There doesn't even be as much as a channel logo popping up to indicate the break, which as has been said above is only a bumper where the adverts would have been on the live channel broadcast.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

From what I remember they were definitely adverts, or sponsored adverts on most or all catch up programs. The main one I remember was for shampoo and that was during the Blacklist, at all points where you'd except the normal set of adverts to be. 

I do not have BT TV, as it would be an extremely unnecessary expenditure for the only show I'd watch on AMC (Fear the Walking Dead). 

Its reasons like these that make you question why you have a subscription to BT/Sky, where if you buy the boxset on Amazon you don't get any adverts. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

That's interesting. I wonder if that's what the future holds. To date all I've ever had were short pre-show promos which don't bother me. I wouldn't however wish to be seeing advertisements mid show etc (a la Universal on BT TV), although with Universal it's something I've grown accustomed to.

I understand your thinking re Amazon, but if I were to buy all through Amazon that I regularly watch or follow, it would cost me much more than my subscription tv does at present.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Certainly hope that is not what the future holds, especially considering you have to subscribe to Now TV to watch the content. Different story if it was free to watch and plugged with adverts, but we all pay (some more than others depending what deal they are on). 

That being said the adverts during catch up with Sky TV I could not accept, which is what drove me away. 

Having found Now TV I am more than happy with the "trailer/promotion" at the start of the show, but as soon as they plug adverts in during the show my sub will be cancelled. Unless they are going down the Hulu route where you'd have to pay more to get a truly advert free experience? 

Re the amazon season purchases, this is something I did also look into when I was wanting to leave Sky, but like you said it would have ended being rather pricey to pay for the seasons I watch on Sky on Amazon. So I was glad when I give the 14 day free trial a bash at the time. 

4 years later no fundamental improvements to Now TV, but I am more hopeful now with Comcast pushing for streaming and the impending launch on BT TV will certainly give that a good reason to improve the service. 

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

The BBC now does trails before each programme you actually choose, which you can watch if you are interested and not impatient to get on to what you came for, but these can be instantly dismissed with a press on the OK button.

I’d prefer things if NowTV did the same.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

I'd noticed their introduction into the iplayer recently. Like you I'd prefer NowTV catchup to work as the iplayer does with the option to skip the promo should you not wish to see it.