cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live F1 on Sky One

For the third race in a row Sky are broadcasting this weekends race Live on Sky One. For anyone who stumped up the £190 it’s a bit of a kick in the toy dolls as as those subscribers could have watched races 1,2 & 3 as part of there Entertainment pass.

cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Maybe so, @Anonymous User , but what about the practice sessions and qualifying? Not forgetting Indycar, which has several ex-F1 drivers. Watching Indycar is a little nostalgic as the cars dont have the Halo device, and the drivers don’t seem to use the HANS device (not that I’ve noticed, anyway). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Mark_Weinreb wrote:

Maybe so, @Anonymous User , but what about the practice sessions and qualifying? Not forgetting Indycar, which has several ex-F1 drivers. Watching Indycar is a little nostalgic as the cars dont have the Halo device, and the drivers don’t seem to use the HANS device (not that I’ve noticed, anyway). 

So you are missing out on Fp 1.2.3 / FP1 is purely about setting up the car and if you take time to look at the grandstands there ain’t a lot of fans there for FP1 & 2. Also available on Sky One this weekend on Saturday is the full Qualifying session.As for Indycar Hans was invented during the Champcar series by Dr Robert Hubbard and It is mandatory in most if not all Motorsport.

https://www.indycar.com/Fan-Info/INDYCAR-101/The-Drivers/HANS-Device

Also Indycar is a dieing series check crowds at most of the races how it survives is   Huge mystery.

cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t honestly say that, that would make it worth paying the extra £195 for the privilege. Indy cart is boring and Practice 1,2, and 3 means nothing it’s all about Qualifying and the race, and that’s been free on Sky One. So as I have both, It feels like a kick in the teeth,should really call the bloody police  think I’ve been mugged!.