cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG

Does anyone know why the LG tv app goes a bit blurry for 3 to 4 minutes when you select a show or live tv channel to watch??

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   I have the same problem on my LG smart tv with the Now App,  As soon as you turn a program on the picture is very blurry  then after about a minute the picture gets nice and clear .  I have had my LG tv for about 6 months and it was fine then a couple of months ago Now tv did an update and it’s been like that ever since the update. Like you I’m trying to find out why and can something be done to put it right .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There definitely  seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the NowTV LG App as many seems to be reporting various issues with it I hope this gets resolved and they work out the issues stopping 50FPS Sports being shown on it as well.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

My best advice right now is to delete the app on the TV and to reinstall it. 

Always worth trying to turn off the router for a bit and to turn it on again. 

Both sound daft, but worth trying if not done so already. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

I already tried that but no joy. Let us know if you have any joy.

Thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Something that could also be tested and it’s a bit more drastic.

Putting the TV back to factory settings and “starting a fresh”. 

Best to exhaust all options before caving in and lodging a complaint.

Then if all fails, pop on to Live chat and explain the issue (or filling a form out) both available on the link below

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User my LG TV has done that since day 1 with NowTV and Prime Video but for no more than about 20 seconds. I can actually watch the bit rate/screen quality displayed on the screen go up until it gets to 7831.

My black NowTV box does it too, but only for a couple of seconds.

My best guess is that it's the TV has connected to the NowTV server and then takes a few seconds for the TV's software to decode the stream fully. A TV has a lot more to do than a dedicated streaming box which is why it may take that bit longer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976   I have also noticed the screen display work it’s way up to 7831 where it then has a nice sharp picture.

The strange thing is Now tv is the only app that does this . All other apps work perfectly.

Also Now tv app Was ok when I first got my smart tv until I received an update for the now app and that’s when the poor picture quality started. It’s very strange