cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive been scammed by NOW

I cancelled my subscription last year April. They even refunded me for the 2 payments that they took off from me! 

I've only realised now that they have been taking £9.99 every month since January 2022! So they restarted it without my knowledge and now I'm paying the cost! 

I don't know how I can get help with this. 

I have raised the issue with my bank as fraud. 

I'm not the only person they have done this to! And I want every penny back ! 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You need to speak direct with NOW staff like you did last time. On the forum no account issues and refunds will be sorted. 

Good luck!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

@gavs82008 offers sage advice - you need to get in touch with Now to get to the bottom of this.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

But are you sure it was Now who did this, and not somebody with access to your account, perhaps because you scrapped or sold a device with your Now account on it and didn’t Factory Reset it, or someone who knew your account details. And you hadn’t set a Payment PIN?

Have a look under My Account/Devices, and see if there are any there that have been used since April 2021.

Now have assured us repeatedly that they do not have any policy of restarting dormant accounts and charging for them - and indeed that would be theft, or something pretty close to it - so if this is not anything you have done, then this is either an administration error, which Now will want to put right at once, or a bad actor on your account.

But, as far as I know, none of the old wild tales of Now restarting dormant accounts have ever been substantiated.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.