cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I turn HD on?

Hello,

I have just got NowTV to start watching game of thrones on my pc but was disappointed when it was streaming in a very low quality. How do I turn HD on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ken242
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello,

I have just got NowTV to start watching game of thrones on my pc but was disappointed when it was streaming in a very low quality. How do I turn HD on?

Now TV isn’t in HD not yet it will be In full HD sometime this year watch this space .

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ken242
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello,

Now TV isn’t in HD not yet it will be In full HD sometime this year watch this space .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What a waste of money! Wont be getting this again then.

I can not believe that they think that the level of quailty is acceptable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

What a waste of money! Wont be getting this again then.

I can not believe that they think that the level of quailty is acceptable.

You are preaching to wrong group there are many threads on here regarding the lack of 1080p most of the answers seem to come back saying Sky are holding it back because if they push it out they could loose Sky Q customers to Now Tv and revenues would fall.As I’m concerned that is a pile of BS ( Netflix,Amazon) can supply 1080p & 4K and Sky are never done advertising there service with full HD & 4K. If (Netflix & Amazon) had a selection of Live channels as well as there current content Now Tv would shut down tomorrow. It is simply Sky doing what they do best showing total disregard for there paying customers.

cheers

nowswaish
Scholar 3

If you don't like the service you can always go elsewhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't actually go elsewhere if you can't get Sky via satellite (I can't because of trees). My only alternative to watch Game of Thrones would be piracy, which ironically enough, would be higher quality than 720p@25Hz, so I'm stuck with it, there is no legal elsewhere

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Game of Thrones is getting hammered with the amount of streaming going on at the moment, and there aren’t enough bits to go round Smiley Sad

Other NowTV programmes show in much better quality, so this is not a 720p limitation you are looking at here, but a bandwidth one.

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to the UHD box set of GoT which I hope will be coming out.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Hmm, Season 1 out in UHD, but no later ones yet.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its not BS, i have sat service and now tv, if 1080p was on now tv id drop the sat service in a min.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ken242 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello,

Last year it was announced as coming before the end of 2018. Since then nobody has offered any sort of an answer here as to why it didn't happen.