Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

House of the Dragon Fan Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

tv-drama-house-of-the-dragon-key-art.jpg

So GoT fans, we now have a whole new chapter in the history of the Seven Kingdoms to enjoy, those tyrannical Targaryens get their own prequel show House of the Dragon. And we all like a good dragon or two right? 🐉

If anyone wants to discuss what's going on in the show, what's shocked us, what's amused us, what theories we have over who's going to die first, here's the place to discuss it. 

Anyone entering here for the first time be aware this thread may well be FULL of SPOILERS for the show, so look away now if you haven't watched the show/latest episode yet. Otherwise, feel free to drop by and post your thoughts, ideas, theories. 

For further info on watching House of the Dragon on NOW, check out these useful help pages and threads! Dracarys! 🔥

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-house-of-the-dragon

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment-Kids-Shows/Watching-House-of-the-Dragon-with-NOW/m-p/58...

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership

And don't forget to watch the Sky Atlantic after show, 'Enter the House of the Dragon' with Sue Perkins, the first episode is available to watch now on the Entertainment Pass! 👍

33 REPLIES 33
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

sorry for the late reply @commanda6 family in hospital at mo so been a difficult week, but House of the Dragon must go on! 😊 Yes i ended up watching the episode twice myself and it helped the second time getting to grips with whos who and what's what! If anything I enjoyed it more the second time as there's a lot to take in in one go, gave me a chance to start thinking where the show might be going next. Rhaenys could be one to watch!! 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @commanda6 and anyone else who wants a chat

****EPISODE 2 SPOILERS COME BACK AFTER YOU'VE WATCHED******

Well, I must say I'm starting to love this show, even though we don't get much in the way of action here we do get plenty of politicking, plotting, intrigue and stand-offs. Daemon's definitely showing his colours now isn't he, and that blatant defying with the dragon's egg was a bold move. Even more ballsy was Rhaenyra turning up with her dragon and giving Daemon the full Dany 'I'll sort this out myself' treatment! I'm definitely becoming one of her supporters in the same way as I was Team Dany but we all know how that ended up in the end so I'm definitely thinking I should be a bit more careful this time before picking a side!! 

I also absolutely called it that Viserys was gonna pick Alicent to marry, saw that a mile off. However I can't get a handle on Alicent at all. Half the time I'm thinking she's a sweet girl caught up in the politics that she doesn't understand and doesn't want to be part of, in the same way as Sansa was to start with. But there's also something about her that's making me think she's plotting and planning this all along and manipulating Viserys to make it happen. Can't work out if the nail-biting is because of the former or some hint at psychotic tendencies pointing to the latter. I think she might be a character we need to watch very carefully! 

As for the Daemon/Lord Velaryon team up at the end .... oh oh, that's gonna be trouble for sure! So much intrigue, I might need to watch this one twice as well! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @commanda6 

I'm not picking a side just yet as we never know how these characters will pan out....not falling into that trap haha

I think Alicent was served up to the king by her father wasn't she? Although is she complicit in it now as she's done a good job in getting him to marry her? I have no idea. 

Definitely enjoying it so far and will watch again during the week, just in case I missed anything 🙂

Loved the dragons!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi ye Alicent was sent to the king initially by Otto but she seems to have enjoyed his company and even gone out of her way to please him e.g. replacing the dragon piece. Again can't work out if she genuinely likes him or is playing him to become queen, and if it's the latter not sure if it's really her idea or Otto's. All very intriguing! After GoT I don't trust anyone! 😂

PS see they decided to put the GoT theme on the opening credits. 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Blimey!!! This week was a bit icky!! 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi yes it was wasn't it. I mean, we all know the Targaryen's are well known for it, but I really didn't need to see it for myself! 😄 What do you think of the show now we're a few episodes in. I'm enjoying it, but I wouldn't say I'm loving it yet. I do like all the political intrigues of GoT, but this show is a bit too much politics and too little action. Give me some more dragon destruction please. Also, it feels a bit 'small' with almost everything happening within Kings Landing and within a small cast, we don't get that 'big' feeling we had with GoT with stuff going on 'up North', beyond the wall, over the sea, as well as King's Landing. I kinda want that multiple storylines/multiple plots/multiple family feel we got with GoT right from the off. Still, not really much of a moan, like I say enjoying it, and hoping we're building to the traditional GoT 'massive jaw dropper penultimate season' episode we've come to expect!! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Yes I agree totally! Although we have a big time jump coming up haven't we, with all the young actors being replaced as the characters will now be adults. 

I assume it will be brother and sister war?? There was a scene in game of thrones where joffrey laughs about what happens between Rhaenyra and her brother. I hope it's not true, as if it's her then this series might be ruined for me...so I won't repeat it on here as I hate a spoiler. 

I enjoyed the crab man battle episode, as at least we got dragon action, but there has been too little of that. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi honestly I'm terrible, I can't remember what Joffrey said at all, and I've watched GoT umpteen times by now. I need to get my memory tested, or stop checking twitter when I'm watching TV! 😄 Will do a bit of googling now!! Yes, more dragons absolutely, I mean, it's in the name of the programme, they need to deliver or change the title!!! 😄

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Oh i only know because YouTube forced the knowledge upon me. I absolutely did not remember the joffrey conversation from GoT 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Oh yes, and the time jump @Lindzi absolutely, I've been waiting for that! Gonna seem a bit strange, especially in the first season, you'd think they'd save that in reserve for the next season!