Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

House of the Dragon Fan Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

tv-drama-house-of-the-dragon-key-art.jpg

So GoT fans, we now have a whole new chapter in the history of the Seven Kingdoms to enjoy, those tyrannical Targaryens get their own prequel show House of the Dragon. And we all like a good dragon or two right? 🐉

If anyone wants to discuss what's going on in the show, what's shocked us, what's amused us, what theories we have over who's going to die first, here's the place to discuss it. 

Anyone entering here for the first time be aware this thread may well be FULL of SPOILERS for the show, so look away now if you haven't watched the show/latest episode yet. Otherwise, feel free to drop by and post your thoughts, ideas, theories. 

For further info on watching House of the Dragon on NOW, check out these useful help pages and threads! Dracarys! 🔥

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-house-of-the-dragon

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment-Kids-Shows/Watching-House-of-the-Dragon-with-NOW/m-p/58...

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership

And don't forget to watch the Sky Atlantic after show, 'Enter the House of the Dragon' with Sue Perkins, the first episode is available to watch now on the Entertainment Pass! 👍

33 REPLIES 33
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Glad we've got some other Thronies joining in the new series, should have known you'd be watching it @commanda6 !! 👍 Welcome to the thread as well @RoyB feel free to chip in with your thoughts. Of course the big first bet is which character is going to die first! Everyone make your choice after the first episode! 

Everybody welcome if anyone else is passing this way! Does @Anonymous User still stop by? Have you heard from him @Lindzi ?

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy  no I haven't since our walking dead chit chat, hopefully @Anonymous User  will be back for the Dragons ! 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

Glad we've got some other Thronies joining in the new series, should have known you'd be watching it @commanda6 !! 👍

Of course what do you take me for @Andy 😃

It's a shame Tyrion Lannister won't be in this one as he was one of the funniest characters especially in the earlier seasons of Game of Thrones. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

So who's watched the first episode then? **SPOILERS***

@Lindzi @commanda6 anyone else???

Plenty of moments even if ultimately it's lots of laying the scene for the rest of the season. Taking some getting used to the new characters, spent most of the hour trying to remember who was who and failing miserably as the Targaryen's seem to have an annoying habit of calling everyone virtually the same name. Hopefully by the end of the season I'll remember names without having to look them up each time. Daemon's quite the character for sure, and Rhaenyra has that 'of course you want me to be queen, I'm going to be wonderful but I also have the psychotic glint in my eye that means by the end of the show I'll have gone full Dany on the seven kingdoms' feel to her. Great to see plenty of dragons again. Must say I'm not drawn to any characters yet in the same was that Joffrey, Tyrion, Ned etc were instantly memorable, but let's see how it pans out! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

I am currently watching so haven't read your post....I'll be back in 46 mins 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

the names just don't stick in my head! The same happened in game of thrones,  had to watch series one twice before I really knew who was who! 

Not much to add as you're right it's setting the scene isn't it. I liked the end where the king is passing on the secret of 'the long night' situation coming for them in around 170 years. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi yep, defo need to wait a few more episodes for fireworks I think, it didn't have any big cliffhanger like the first episode of GoT with Bran being pushed off the tower, but still it has the GoT feel, especially with the council meetings. The following website might help with keeping track of who's who and what-are-they-called! 

https://www.hbo.com/house-of-the-dragon/official-guide

Bit annoyed there doesn't seem to be a 'Thronecast' after the episode, I thought after the Enter the House of the Dragon special, they would be producing one after each episode again. Must have got that wrong!

Lindzi
Elite 2

Screenshot_20220823-210119_Twitter.jpg

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Sue perkins twitter...looks like there is hope? 

Definitely need a cheat sheet for the names thank you!!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy @Lindzi 

Well, that was quite an episode was in it. I watched it twice now to make sure I didn't miss anything. The second time I watched it with subtitles to make doubly sure I didn't miss anything. As first episodes from the show go . That was a really good episode. I won't say too much on here as there were some horrific scenes in the episode, and unfortunately, due to community/forum rules. We need to keep things PG-13.

I will say that I didn't like what was being implied in this scene between Otto Hightower and his daughter😟

I think Andy is right that the king's daughter could very well end up going full Danny by the end of the season.

Spoiler
I will say that the king's daughter and Damon seem quite close, so I'm not sure Damon would necessarily see her as an enemy. I suspect his target is going to be the current king as there are many who would feel uncomfortable about a woman being the king's successor, even though they were publicly says in going after the king would destabilise things enough for Damon to take power

I am slowly beginning to learn who is who, as I have now watched the episode twice😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.