Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

House of the Dragon Fan Discussion *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

tv-drama-house-of-the-dragon-key-art.jpg

So GoT fans, we now have a whole new chapter in the history of the Seven Kingdoms to enjoy, those tyrannical Targaryens get their own prequel show House of the Dragon. And we all like a good dragon or two right? 🐉

If anyone wants to discuss what's going on in the show, what's shocked us, what's amused us, what theories we have over who's going to die first, here's the place to discuss it. 

Anyone entering here for the first time be aware this thread may well be FULL of SPOILERS for the show, so look away now if you haven't watched the show/latest episode yet. Otherwise, feel free to drop by and post your thoughts, ideas, theories. 

For further info on watching House of the Dragon on NOW, check out these useful help pages and threads! Dracarys! 🔥

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-house-of-the-dragon

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment-Kids-Shows/Watching-House-of-the-Dragon-with-NOW/m-p/58...

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership

And don't forget to watch the Sky Atlantic after show, 'Enter the House of the Dragon' with Sue Perkins, the first episode is available to watch now on the Entertainment Pass! 👍

33 REPLIES 33
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   I was just coming on here to ask if we were doing the dragons chat!

Excellent news, I'm in!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hurrah @Lindzi at least I won’t be talking to myself! 😂 Have you checked out the first episode of Enter yet? Looks like they’re keeping the winning Thronecast formula, must says it’s got me quite excited, it’s looking really good! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   yes I have watched it, I agree the whole thing looks epic! 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello everyone 

I don't know why now keeps missing this from the details they are posting about house of the Dragon but as well as the initial airing almost at the same time as the US at 2 a.m. Each episode will also air again at 9 p.m. on Sky Atlantic. This is precisely what used to happen with Game of Thrones as well. Perhaps the official information can be updated by @Simon-J ?

"remember whenever you play The Game of Thrones you win or you die there is no middle ground".

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Lindzi
Elite 2

Oooh thank you for the heads up @commanda6 

I wonder if that means it will be available to watch on demand before the 9pm broadcast

RoyB
Legend

@Lindzi 

All the shows that go out at 2:00am have so far been available On Demand shortly afterwards.

We generally watch them at about 8:00pm the next day, which suits us better than waiting until 9:00pm, as does not having to have the adverts that accompany the live (linear) broadcasts.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

@RoyB is correct as at the link below is the official information for house of the Dragon 

When talking about about the initial broadcast it mentions the 2 am broadcast and says that the episode will be available on demand after that. If the episodes were going to be available on demand after the 9 p.m. broadcast then the article would mention the 9 p.m. broadcast. it's worth pointing out there that the episodes me me take a couple of hours to appear on demand especially as they should have subtitles on them.

What time is actually pointing at above was it is strange me me now was missing a viewing avenue from their help article this is a very strange thing to do for a headline show don't you think?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-house-of-the-dragon

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lindzi @commanda6 @Andy @RoyB 

Hi guys, I can confirm the show will be added to On Demand shortly after the 2am broadcast & we'd encourage people to watch it On Demand rather than the 9pm showing. 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Simon-J  @commanda6  @RoyB 

Thank you all for confirming, I will definitely watch on demand.... but at a reasonable hour 🙂