cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hayu not working

Why has my hayu not worked for 2 days ? Anyone else having this problem. Annoying me tbf it plays 5 mins of an episode then says problem, sort it out why am I paying for something that ain’t working 

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback device are you using, where i am guessing it's a NOW box or NOW Stick ?

Any error code or what is the full message on screen when it says there is a problem ?

if using a NOW Stick / NOW box i am assuming you have tried theses trouble shooting steps in this help guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick 

Sorry can't help any further, has i don't subscribe to the NOW Hayu Membership.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya I’ve got it on my PS4 and smart tv and it’s doing it on both, it will play for around 5 mins then say, somethings not right give it a moment-or check nowtv.com/status but just doesn’t work again. @schnapps 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a PS4 or Smart TV with the Native NOW App on it, but the first things i would try is unplugging the power to your PS4 / Smart TV and Router and maybe try a new download of the NOW App on your devices.

I am also assuming you are not using a VPN or third party Ad blocking software on your Router which sometimes effects the running of the NOW App.

Hopefully another forum member will come up with more suggestions to try to get your NOW Hayu Membership up & running again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thankyou 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What smart TV do you have? 

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it on both the TV and PS4?

Is the PS4 connected via Wi-fi or Ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an lg @gavs82008 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No I will try all of that now and see what happens and WiFi @gavs82008 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you in a position to connect both devices via Ethernet? 

You could try to delete the app on the LG TV too. Although sometimes doing a factory reset to the TV will resolve the issue.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have an LG Smart TV and none of the suggestions help so far, then i would be tempted to try this in this linked thread below even though the error message is different.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/LG-TV-Error-Code-PL-0/m-p/554985 

Another thing i would try is type "PS4 Something not Right" or "LG Something not Right" which seems to be a common occurrence in the Community search box to see if anybody on the hit results have a solution that works for your particular case.