cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gold Rush narrator

I'm finding at the moment that the initial latest episode of Gold Rush (season 11) has the US narrator rather than the UK one. I noticed this with the last episode too (I'm on episode 17 now). Is it the fact that the US narrated one is made available first then replaced with the UK one? Episode 16 is now UK narrated. Is there a schedule for the upload of the UK one? I can't get on with the US narrator!

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Izzie-T 

Are you able to shed some light on the query for @Anonymous User ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @gavs82008 

Well Guys

I must first admit, I don't watch Gold Rush but I do understand when Snarf explained that he cannot get on with an American narrator. 

Likewise, I find American narrators on nature documentaries somewhat annoying and because of that I will not watch those nature programmes, I guess I've been spoiled by Sir David Attenborough.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not that I can't get on with US narrators, but when you've watched 100+ episodes with one narrator and it suddenly changes, it does irk me more than a bit (especially when I know the normal narrator is still doing it!).

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @ukbobboy @gavs82008 @Izzie-T 

Further to the original comment, Gold Rush: White Water also has American narration when shown live and for the first few days that it's available on catch up before changing to the English narration a couple of weeks later. 

Also, the release dates are all over the place. One week, two episodes of both Gold Rush and Gold Rush: White Water became available (the watch next episode box appeared) despite only one being listed to be shown live and showing in the catch up folder. The following week, nothing.

Season 4 episode 12 is now on catch up despite it not being listed to air until 19th Feb.

Screenshot_20210218-112556.jpg

Screenshot_20210218-112627.jpg

I know we've had this conversation before and the content is uploaded by Discovery, but can you feed back to them that if they can't get the content right, I won't be spending £5.99 a month subscribing directly to them for fear of it being equally as bad on their own service.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Saint1976  & @gavs82008 

As Gold Rush is under 3rd party Discovery, we will have to query this with Discovery and let you know the update about this.

Thank you for your message.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All @gavs82008 @Anonymous User @Saint1976 @ukbobboy 

Discovery has replied to us that as for the air eps inline with the US, the US original files is delivered to UK. Once the normal voiceover files is ready, the US original files will be revoke and sending over the normal voice files again.

Therefore, the catch up version are often as US original files. The normal voiceover files would be in boxset version.

I hope this is clear for your queries.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.