cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

GoT series qvailability

I subscribed to watch GOT last week but all series will stop on 31st May?? Will they be coming back or will they not be shown on Now TV again? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's all down to money, the longer these top TV shows are available on any streaming service the more money the Rights Holder will demand.

Going by previous years with Game of Thrones i would suspect it will be back later this year around about December time.

Would suggest that you sign up to Sky Never Miss service (which is free) where you will get an email confirmation when TV shows that you are interested in returns back on the Sky / NowTV service.

Here's a link to Sky Never Miss if you want to sign up.

https://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
RoyB
Legend

Too popular not to come back, I think, but it might not be very soon...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems stupid it’s not permanently availible

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

This is purely down to the contract deal between HBO and Sky. 

They are only to keep content for certain periods of time. The shows will most likely return at some point. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It's all down to money, the longer these top TV shows are available on any streaming service the more money the Rights Holder will demand.

Going by previous years with Game of Thrones i would suspect it will be back later this year around about December time.

Would suggest that you sign up to Sky Never Miss service (which is free) where you will get an email confirmation when TV shows that you are interested in returns back on the Sky / NowTV service.

Here's a link to Sky Never Miss if you want to sign up.

https://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fantastic thanks for the info

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only signed up last week also! This is ridiculous, purchased 2 now tv sticks also only to watch GoT 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Programmes and series come and go on NowTV, so whatever time you join, there will be stuff expiring before you have had time to watch it.

This is particularly frustrating if you join just after GoT has finished, planning to watch the whole thing, and find that it will require 8 hours days to achieve that; but GoT has been here since 1st March, so an episode a day, most days, would have covered it if you had started then.

However, no doubt it will be back, though the issue is when, which you can monitor as in @schnapps posting above, and consume on a less punishing schedule then.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

21E27B62-C1A2-4A17-88B4-244B02C235A0.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They should maybe stop advertising to binge watch the entire series then