cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones Season 8

I've seen on many posts that GoT S8 will be available on demand at 3:20am on Monday. I undersatnd that this is the case for catch-up but will the episode also air live via Now TV at the same time as everywhere else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just make sure that you have a nowtv entertainment pass and the nowtv App on your smartphone  (where your phone must not be rooted) and you should be able to watch GOT S8 Ep 1 live at 2.00 am tomorrow morning on Sky Atlantic.

Have you used your smartphone previously with nowtv is it Android or iOS ?

If not if it was me, i would double check your phone works with the nowtv App well before GOT airs live just in case you run into any difficulties where there will be no nowtv help service at 2.00 am in the morning.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Turns out I had everything I needed downloaded.

Its just the link to the new GOT took us to Season 1 Episode 1 - and rather than telling us where to find LiveTv or having the link actually link to it - It took half an hour of searching, googling, trying to find a phone number , leaving posts - to find it right at the bottom of a menu past all the dross like documentaries etc.
This time round for GOT I thought I would subscribe - Last season I didnt have this trauma and paid zero.
Hmm wonder which way I will go next time there is a popular tv show I want to watch?

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi GoT Fans

Watched season 8 episode 1 this morning, between midnight and 1.00am, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I think I'll watch it again tonight, just to get the full flavour.

Large Smiling Face Emoji 2.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm really angry.  I was upset and this monumental viewing event was wrecked for me.
NOwTV had a count down for the 2am premier of GOT - I waited - then clicked on the countdown saying it was now available and was takene to season 1 Episode 1.
After half an hour of searching the website, googling, trying to find a support phone number and leaving posts - I found the answer.
It was being screened on Live tv which is located past all the dross as the bottom option of the options screens - past dramas - documentaries etc.
Knowing this is such an anticipated show - why the hell did the countdown timer - then now available tab not link there instead of Season 1 Episode 1?
After paying for this service I ended up watching the first half for the first time on pirate!!!  Jeez dont know if I will bother paying in the future if this is the service we get!!!

superglo2012
Scholar 3

There are only 6 episodes of the final series 8

It really has gone on and on I am surprised this has lasted to 8 seasons and why are there about 20+ tiles on one program it's mad

ukbobboy
Legend

@superglo2012 

Well Superglo

You should watch Game of Thrones: The Story So Far, although there are on 2 or 3 days of this particular show left on Now TV, it will give you a taste of why Game of Thrones is such a great and beloved show by a worldwide audience.

As for season 8 only having 6 episodes, as you can see from the first episode that GoT is a very (very) expensive show to produce, simply because it is well acted, great special effects, huge casts and a story with multiple threads skillfully woven together.  

Plus, most fans, like myself, are more likely to appreciate and enjoy a smaller number of well produced episodes than having 20+ episodes in a season padded with fillers.

Fan Boy Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so every were i search i see 2 am being the hour to be aired in the uk ... but nowere to b

@ukbobboy wrote:

@superglo2012 

Well Superglo

You should watch Game of Thrones: The Story So Far, although there are on 2 or 3 days of this particular show left on Now TV, it will give you a taste of why Game of Thrones is such a great and beloved show by a worldwide audience.

As for season 8 only having 6 episodes, as you can see from the first episode that GoT is a very (very) expensive show to produce, simply because it is well acted, great special effects, huge casts and a story with multiple threads skillfully woven together.  

Plus, most fans, like myself, are more likely to appreciate and enjoy a smaller number of well produced episodes than having 20+ episodes in a season padded with fillers.

Fan Boy Bob

e found ... is this a joke or what... if i want to w8 untill the morning i can get it from torents.... its 2 am or it is not... i am not paying money for nothig ... simple as ...

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well CB

No one is forcing you to watch GoT, either you watch it or you don't.

As for me, I re-watched GoT S8E2 in preparation for the big 1 hour 17 minute eye-fest of S8E3, which started at 3.35am this morning.

All I can say is WOW.

UK Bob