cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of Thrones Season 8

I've seen on many posts that GoT S8 will be available on demand at 3:20am on Monday. I undersatnd that this is the case for catch-up but will the episode also air live via Now TV at the same time as everywhere else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just make sure that you have a nowtv entertainment pass and the nowtv App on your smartphone  (where your phone must not be rooted) and you should be able to watch GOT S8 Ep 1 live at 2.00 am tomorrow morning on Sky Atlantic.

Have you used your smartphone previously with nowtv is it Android or iOS ?

If not if it was me, i would double check your phone works with the nowtv App well before GOT airs live just in case you run into any difficulties where there will be no nowtv help service at 2.00 am in the morning.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you wish to watch it live, then it will be on Sky Atlantic at 2.00 am Monday mornings (the same time it premieres in the US taken into consideration the time zone difference between the US & UK) or a repeat live broadcast at 9 pm Monday evening every week.

Personally myself i will be watching each episode of S8 on 30 day catch up sometime during Monday.

More info here.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment-Kids-Shows/Game-of-Thrones-on-NOW-TV/m-p/494667#M1168

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right, so it's not live on Now TV?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yes it will be shown live on NowTV on the Sky Atlantic channel at 2.00 am every Monday morning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ahh great, so I can load Now TV up on my phone at 2am and watch it live with everyone else? Just confirming this is what you mean 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just make sure that you have a nowtv entertainment pass and the nowtv App on your smartphone  (where your phone must not be rooted) and you should be able to watch GOT S8 Ep 1 live at 2.00 am tomorrow morning on Sky Atlantic.

Have you used your smartphone previously with nowtv is it Android or iOS ?

If not if it was me, i would double check your phone works with the nowtv App well before GOT airs live just in case you run into any difficulties where there will be no nowtv help service at 2.00 am in the morning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I've been using it over that last couple days. I see what you mean now, I just discovered the live section where you literally watch the TV channel live as if it were on a TV. Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate you confirming that for me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jeez how do I do this????  I'm in a melt down panic

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This doesn't help now because GOT S8 Ep1 has already started at 2am.

Are you using a mobile phone with the NowTV App ?

If so when you open the App click the three horizontal small bars top left hand corner, then select Entertainment, then from the drop down menu select Watch Live, then scroll down to Sky Atlantic and click the On Now thumbnail.

You may be better off waiting until 3.05 am where it should be added to catchup.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on pc and had everything I neede downloaded and ready.

Its just rather than the link having the countdown and then saying the episode was available and linking to the episode playing on livetv - It took us to Season 1 Episode 1 - And didnt explain how to find live tv.

Turns out it was at the bottom of the page past all the dross like documentaries etc.

I ended up watching the first half (cant say where but it was free) - however the whole experience was ruined - and I now wonedr - Why bother to pay for such an experience?