cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Game of Thrones S8 fan chat *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

PLEASE NOTE ... This is a thread for discussion about the plot and characters in Game of Thrones S8 - this thread will contain SPOILERS for upcoming or recently aired episodes of S8 - don't read any further if you want to avoid! 

If you have any problems or issues with watching GoT on NOW TV please start a new topic to make sure it gets the right attention.

All welcome! Dracarys!

got.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy wrote:

@Lindzi @Anonymous User Ahhhhh you little scamps!!! There is no way I would be able to operate today on 4 hours sleep so staying up for the simulcast was out of the question, and getting up early to watch this morning is also out as I’m never at my best first thing, so it has to be an early evening viewing tonight! I’m not messing around sorting out the washing up first or anything tho, you can be sure of that! I’ve also done a particularly good job of sticking my fingers in my ears, humming the National Anthem and staying off Twitter, but don’t let that stop you discussing the ep - despite loving a good spoiler, I’m determined to resist all temptation this time! Catch you later! 

PS bet it’s a good one right? Is it a solid 8?

@Andy 

A solid 9 with some 10 bits Smiley LOL

I'm going to watch it again when I get home from work as 6am was a bit too early for me! So hard to avoid a spoiler though so early morning watching is the only way forward for me.

Enjoy!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Lindzi @Anonymous User Ahhhhh you little scamps!!! There is no way I would be able to operate today on 4 hours sleep so staying up for the simulcast was out of the question, and getting up early to watch this morning is also out as I’m never at my best first thing, so it has to be an early evening viewing tonight! I’m not messing around sorting out the washing up first or anything tho, you can be sure of that! I’ve also done a particularly good job of sticking my fingers in my ears, humming the National Anthem and staying off Twitter, but don’t let that stop you discussing the ep - despite loving a good spoiler, I’m determined to resist all temptation this time! Catch you later! 

PS bet it’s a good one right? Is it a solid 8?

@Andy @Lindzi 

I'm just lucky at the moment that Mondays are a clear day for me and I can watch the catch-up episode during the day at my leisure..... and I don't mean as early as 6am!!!!  Staying up for the simulcast is way out of the question for me, no longer young enough to even attempt that, those were the days!!!!!!

I'd give it a good 8.5/9.

P.S.  In the same way that TWD can be too quiet, Westeros can be bloody dark at times (invest in some LED lighting)......... if it's not my ears,it's my eyes, I'm bloomin falling to bits!!!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi 

Spoiler

Oooooohhh ayyyyeee, lots to digest in that episode right? Everybody coming together in Winterfell (looks like Cersei’s about the only one not opting for a skiing holiday), lots of smiles (Arya and Jon, Jon and Sam) and lots of scowls (Arya and Hound, Bran and Jamie)

Now, let’s get to the nitty gritty cos I know Lindz will have the answer to this but ... that symbol that the little kid lord wotsisname was nailed up to (got to love the glow in the dark eye moment!) was surely the same symbol that all those dead villagers were arranged in at the opening to S1E1 (see I was paying attention, thanks @Karl-F !) ? Am I right or am I right, and if I’m right what does THAT mean!!!!

Favourite moments everyone? Sam getting all excited to meet the Queen ... and then he finds out that .... oops, awwwwkkkwwaarrdddddd!!!! 😄

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Thank goodness you've watched it! 

Ok so my favourite bit was the dragon 'get your dirty paws off my mother' death stare. 

Yes throwbacks to s1 e1 with the boy at the very start running trying to get a good view...Arya did the same. The symbol was def in ep1, like you said, but wasn't it also in the children of the forest cave drawings on dragonstone? 

Poor Sam! Mind you he's lord of his house now so the sword he stole is his now anyway. 

What do dragons eat? Anything they want 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Oooh what about gendry and arya having a bit of a flirt. If they live then maybe a baretheon/stark love match (didn't work with sansa and joffrey but this may just work) Heart

So many good bits with good feelings, happy reunions etc which can only mean we are going to be emotionally tortured for the rest of the run 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

Oooh what about gendry and arya having a bit of a flirt

@Lindzi Oh I know, talk about playing it cool, I’ve never seen such a grin on her face, she was practically a Cheshire Cat whenever he’s around! 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User aww man, hurry up Thronecast, they’re bound to mention the symbol! Ah yes, I think you’re right it was in the cave paintings as well, good call! What do you think Cersei is up to with Euron? He definitely thinks he’s got the upper hand, and we all know Cersei DEFINITELY has the upper hand - how long will she string him along to get what she wants? 

How do we think Dany’s going to take the news about Jon being the rightful heir? She’s doesn’t like it when she doesn’t get her own way, so she’s not going to like that one bit I think! Honeymoon period could be coming to a rather quick end! And what sort of reception is Jamie going to get?

As for Bran (I’m not Bran I’m the ... yeah right we know, stop telling us all the flippin time!) I can’t help thinking ... erm hello spoilers!!! Don’t keep them all to yourself ffs, if you’ve got info, spill it the white walkers are only two junctions up the motorway!! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

You're so right!! He's supposed to know everything!! He told Dany about her dead dragon so tell them whether really it's best to run, get on boats and sit on an island until winters over!

Jamie's going to be let off the hook as Bran doesn't exist anymore blah blah blah 

Cersei, I really enjoy her! She's def the one in charge and what is Bronn going to do?! Cart of gold or kill his friends? She knows he can get close enough to do it....but will he!?

Oh am i going to need a stupid pin number to watch thronecast live tonight?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi 

I think you only need the Pin to watch live Movie Channels.......... I think that's how it goes??????

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

Ah thank you. The help article mentioned live movies and entertainment channels I thought? Surely if something is on after watershed a pin isn't needed? 

Oh and the whole thing is utterly ridiculous as you don't need a pin for catch up/box sets etc....pointless.