cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Game of Thrones S8 fan chat *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

PLEASE NOTE ... This is a thread for discussion about the plot and characters in Game of Thrones S8 - this thread will contain SPOILERS for upcoming or recently aired episodes of S8 - don't read any further if you want to avoid! 

If you have any problems or issues with watching GoT on NOW TV please start a new topic to make sure it gets the right attention.

All welcome! Dracarys!

got.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

What I really need is a good brief summary of what happened in S7 of GoT.

@Anonymous User Well it's your lucky day cos I finished my S7 re-watch last night so...*

Dany has finally arrived in Westeros, landing at her ancestral home Dragonstone - hurrah! It looks bloody cold. Jon and Sansa are even colder in Winterfell where everyone rallies around him as King of the North. Arya finishes off the rest of the Freys and then makes her way to Winterfell, as does Bran (I'm not Bran I'm the three-eyed raven blah blah blah) to create a nice family reunion while Jon is off getting to know Dany and trying to persuade her to help him defeat the White Walkers who are marching to the wall for an invasion. Dany's too busy trying to capture Casterly Rock, but Cersei has teamed up with Euron and together they get one up on Darny - Euron captures Yara and the sandsnakes, and Jamie poisons Olenna for backing Dany, and raids Highgarden's vast gold for Cersei. Dany isn't impressed, so gets revenge by cremating most of Jamie's army. Samwell cures Jorah of his greyscale, and he goes back to Dany. Jon comes up with the brilliant plan of capturing a white walker so that he can convince Cersei they are real and gain her help in defeating them, so off Jon, Jorah, the Hound and others go to capture one - they capture one but are soon completely surrounded and outnumbered by walkers - just when it looks like their time is up, Dany comes to the rescue with her dragons - she manages to save the group but one of the dragons is killed by an ice spear and presumed dead - fat chance, cos after Dany rides off the walkers retrieve the dragon who has now returned from the dead and turned into an ice-dragon. Jon and Dany manage to persuade Cersei that the walkers are real and she sort of agrees to help - naturally, it's Cersei so she was lying! Jon and Dany get jiggy, and Jon finds out he's actually a Targaryen (shock, horror cos he's just got jiggy with Dany ... hang on, those Targaryen do that all the time so no worries after all!) While Jon was away Littlefinger did play and tried to turn Arya and Sansa against each other ... unfortunately for Littlefinger it didn't work and Arya does a faceless on him - goodbye Littlefinger! Theon's rescued Yara, Samwell's back with Jon, all looks well - stuff that, cos the ice-dragon's made a ruddy great big hole in the wall with his ice-fire and the walkers are on their way South ......

*some events have been removed for the sake of brevity and my poor typing fingers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

If you watched it, what did you make of that GoT Thronecast quiz thing that was on the other night????  I thought it was a bit mince to be honest!!!

@Anonymous User @Lindzi  Oooo no I didn't know it was on, I'll have a look for that on-demand, I reckon I'd be pretty good at a GoT quiz - unlike TWD where I know about 10% of the character's names, I've re-watched GoT and discussed it ad nauseum that I reckon I hold my own!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy 

Many thanks for that season 7 summary...... sounds good, folk should be watching this!!!!!

Decision made, despite ALL the other stuff that needs watched, I WILL rewatch all of season 7 again before the 15th of April (squeeze every last drop of value from that Entertainment Pass!!!).

Yes.... Thronecast: Quiz of Thrones (or something like that)..... sounded like a good idea, but it could have been slicker.  From your superior GoT knowledge in that summary, you'll probably give Rickie the DJ a run for his money...... you'll see what I mean when you watch it.

Next week, to fill that Monday Night TWD 9pm gap, check Sky Atlantic for Thronecast: War Room....... another special programme ahead of the new season!!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

I can only give 4 kudos a minute? That's rude! 

Anyway yes please watch s7 again even just for the littlefinger demise....utterly brilliant!!!! 

Some of the questions in the quiz were quite obscure but I got a bit bored.....and I love a quiz. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi wrote:

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

I can only give 4 kudos a minute? That's rude! 

@Lindzi @Andy 

Yes, I discovered that fairly recently as well..... we can't be too thankful for what we have!!!!!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi hurrah, enjoy S7! Great first 5 mins of episode 1! Let us know how you get on!

Well, I see what you both mean, watched the quiz last night (took me a while to find it as they call it a gameshow not a quiz!) and it started off promisingly, looking like it would be a GoT man's Big Fat Quiz ... but you're right they ran out of steam in the second half and I also got a bit bored. Was quite good at naming people and recent events but realised I've forgotten quite a bit of the earlier seasons, plus I definitely don't remember quotes which seemed to feature a lot! I was definitely more Wossy than Thronegeek Rickie! Nice idea, thank goodness for Hodor! 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'M SO READY!!!!

So i've re-watched S7, but I've read that you should re-watch season 1 episode 1 just so you're ready to make sense of everything for season 8. 

I've also been watching a lot of conspiracy theory videos and there are some wild ones out that, but they make them sound so believable.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

I've read that you should re-watch season 1 episode 1 just so you're ready to make sense of everything for season 8. 

@Karl-F Ooooooooo reallllllyyyyy???? The very first episode? Where King Robert brings his entourage over to Winterfell, we get to see little Joffers for the first time and Bran turns into a peeping Tom? And that's going to feed into what happens in S8? What could it all mean?

Conspiracy theories abound, now I'm even more excited!!! Any more insider info, bring it this way Karl! PS you're middle name isn't Drogo by any chance is it?? More conspiracy theories!!! 

39319048ba3d5983238a61a990c97280a6be40b6966c2ae4289353b03428baaf.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi @Karl-F 

I'm two episodes down on my rewatching of season 7 and now I need to add season 1 episode 1 to that list......... I suppose sleeping is optional!!!!!!!!

Forgot just how good season 7 was, even forgot about Ed Sheeran and his Oscar winning Cameo!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  there was no need to mention Ed Sheeran ... no need at all!!!! 😉

ed-sheeran-game-of-thrones-reactions-fb8__700-png.jpg