cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Game of Thrones S8 fan chat *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

PLEASE NOTE ... This is a thread for discussion about the plot and characters in Game of Thrones S8 - this thread will contain SPOILERS for upcoming or recently aired episodes of S8 - don't read any further if you want to avoid! 

If you have any problems or issues with watching GoT on NOW TV please start a new topic to make sure it gets the right attention.

All welcome! Dracarys!

got.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

If we ignore "queen of the north" it would be Tyrion with that joke that we never get to hear the punchline of. He's told the first line of that joke about 3 times over the whole thing! 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So, who actually said the final words??  was it the Northmen shouting "Queen of the North" to Sansa??  No one will get points for that!!!!

@Anonymous User Sorry, the anonymous judge has ruled that ‘background sound effects’ and declared Tyrion’s excellent jackass and honeycomb line the final words .... it is merely pure coincidence that I happened to choose Tyrion as having the final say!!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy 

Hmmm, these quiz rules are getting very slack......... I can't wait to see the final scores and I'm sure I'll be last!!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   i think @Anonymous User  may have won the prediction game but I'll wait for the anonymous judge check the answers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Since 8.30pm Thronecast Jimmy Carr has disappeared and been replaced by ........... answers on a post card!!!!!!!

Where is Wossy....... of all the nights to be busy!!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User tbh I was working through the scores earlier and I got that confused over all the yes and nos, and when a no was actually right and when a yes was wrong that I’ve got half a dozen different winners every time I checked it!!! It’s completely done my head in!! Thank goodness I didn’t offer up an actual monetary prize, I’d be bankrupt!!! But .... final results coming up any moment!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi So after several corrections I hope I have got the right results, but if you think I’ve messed up please do shout, I’m happy to offer my head on the block Ned Stark style if anybody’s been wronged! 🤞😲😇

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm reasonably happy with the ending, but as others have said, the whole of season 8 has felt a bit rushed. The conclusion reminded me somewhat of way the Lord of the Rings ended, which was also a bit sad and overly sentimental. I think the writers had a hard job tying things up and bringing it all to a conclusion. They were never going to be able to please everybody. It will be interesting to see how the books end ( ... assuming GRRM ever finishes them!) It's more than likely they'll have totally different ending!  

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User yes, you’re right about the Lord of the Rings parallel. It will be interesting to see where George takes it, have you read all the books? I’m afraid they are on hold for me, although I do intend to return to them at some point. 

Apparently several alternate endings were filmed, as is common on big productions, to control any leak of information - although a slim chance it would be great to see some of these alternate endings as an extra on the home release - maybe people can then choose which one they ‘want to believe in’! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks  for your reply Andy,

I think there were a couple of scenes in the final GoT episode that reminded me a lot of LotR. The first was the scene where Sam(well) presents the book "A Song of Fire & Ice" to Tyrion which had echoes of Bilbo & Frodo's "There & Back Again" (Red Book of Westmarch) being passed to Sam(wise) at the end of LotR, the second was the  tearful scene at the harbour in Kings Landing where Jon says farewell to Sansa, Arya & Bran, which was similar to Frodo's farewell to the other hobbits in LotR.

With regards to the books, I'm just about to start reading them. Strange to say, I recently bought a used Kindle e-reader on e-Bay, which the previous owner kindly sent to me with a large number of e-books already loaded on it. By a happy coincidence the first five GoT (A Song of Fire & Ice) books are among them. I'm hoping that reading the books will help me cope with the hole in my life now there's no more GoT on the telly!