cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Game of Thrones S8 fan chat *WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS*

PLEASE NOTE ... This is a thread for discussion about the plot and characters in Game of Thrones S8 - this thread will contain SPOILERS for upcoming or recently aired episodes of S8 - don't read any further if you want to avoid! 

If you have any problems or issues with watching GoT on NOW TV please start a new topic to make sure it gets the right attention.

All welcome! Dracarys!

got.jpg

389 REPLIES 389
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

So gutted it's ending. Nothing can replace it.....only thing to do is start the whole thing again "and so my watch begins" 🙂

They better bring us something better than Westworld to fill this very large gap. Bring on Tormund and Ghost North of the Wall (they could use the littlest hobo as the theme tune)

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

I personally thought that this was a pretty good episode, it fully grabbed my attention and I didn't want to take my eyes of the screen. 

My first point that I wanted to bring up is who was Varys writing all those scrolls to, informing people of the true "heir to the throne." My first thought it was one has to go to the Citadel, but there are a few scrolls there.

I think it was obvious Dany was going to go bonkers, I've seen a few complaints from people saying that it has ruined her character arc, but i think it was a good fit, she's always had that side of her, and as we've seen she'll do anything to get what she wants. 

I watched a vid on things we may have missed, they made a reference to the white horse being compared to Shadowfax from LOTR. 

I really can't wait for next week, there's no way that Dany survives, but what actually happens I wouldn't know where to start. 

Karl 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F If you have a spare min and manage to find it again I’d be interested in a link to that vid! It’s amazing how things are all linking back up to past events now (whether the writers intended it all along or they’re just making things fit now they know the ending I dunno, but all the references Syrio made to Arya when training which tie into her slaying the Night King are spooky).

Looking at the sneak peak on Thronecast looks like Dany will claim the throne, but whether that’s for half an hour or forever is another matter! You really can make a case for a dozen different endings, with no obvious one taking centre-stage! Great stuff! 👍

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi All, 

I personally thought that this was a pretty good episode, it fully grabbed my attention and I didn't want to take my eyes of the screen. 

My first point that I wanted to bring up is who was Varys writing all those scrolls to, informing people of the true "heir to the throne." My first thought it was one has to go to the Citadel, but there are a few scrolls there.

I think it was obvious Dany was going to go bonkers, I've seen a few complaints from people saying that it has ruined her character arc, but i think it was a good fit, she's always had that side of her, and as we've seen she'll do anything to get what she wants. 

I watched a vid on things we may have missed, they made a reference to the white horse being compared to Shadowfax from LOTR. 

I really can't wait for next week, there's no way that Dany survives, but what actually happens I wouldn't know where to start. 

Karl 

Hi @Karl-F @Andy  @Lindzi  @Anonymous User  @ukbobboy 

Well again. Where do I start with this episode...

I actually got the impression that Dany would eventually go completely mad during season seven as it became clear back in season seven, that she would do pretty much anything to get what she wants. As a consequence, by the end of season seven. I liked her character less than I had in the past. One thing's for sure. After this episode, Danny cannot be ruler of the seven kingdoms. I also think chances of her survival a rather slim 

I think what I said last week about John Snow killing Danny is now far more likely. The other possibility is that Arya kills Danny because a lot like John she didn't look at all impressed by what was happening. 

People now think of Arya as a cold-blooded killer. But in reality she is not she has never raised a blade to  and innocent , all those she has killed have done unspeakable things at one time or another. The fact that the faceless temple/many faced men killed innocent people is one of the reasons that made Arya decide to turn against them and go home.  I think Danny might be the last name added Aryas kill list because of her unspeakable actions.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 @Karl-F @Lindzi @ukbobboy @Anonymous User 

It could all centre on those scrolls Karl mentioned! We don’t know if they got sent or not before Varys met his death. If they did then news of Jon’s rightful claim to the throne could be all over Westeros by now. If they didn’t then it’s still pretty much just a small circle of key players who know about Jon - and how that information will or will not be used could decide the whole outcome ... everything really is balanced on a knife-edge.

Funny you should mention the faceless temple @commanda6 pretty sure it’s called The House of Black and White - and that did make me think of Arya, dressed in black, on the white horse at the end of the episode - is it symbolic of who she is, finely balanced between right and wrong, life and death, good and evil ... and if so maybe she will turn out to be the most important character in the final episode. 

So deep! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@commanda6 @Karl-F @Lindzi @ukbobboy @Anonymous User 

It could all centre on those scrolls Karl mentioned! We don’t know if they got sent or not before Varys met his death. If they did then news of Jon’s rightful claim to the throne could be all over Westeros by now. If they didn’t then it’s still pretty much just a small circle of key players who know about Jon - and how that information will or will not be used could decide the whole outcome ... everything really is balanced on a knife-edge.

@Andy @commanda6 @Karl-F @Lindzi @ukbobboy 

Maybe all those scrolls are a red herring????  Varys knew what was coming his way, so he was just getting his affairs in order......... letter to cancel my milk deliver, letter to cancel my broadband, etc, etc, don't want the bailiffs chasing you even when you are dead!!!!!  But in all seriousness, they are no doubt a part of the next episode and maybe they've been sent to our good friend Samwell Tarly, for passing on the secrets to those who need to hear it????

Yes, the sneak peak to next week on Thronecast did seem to show Dany surveying her troops in victory, but another red herring??????  that clip was probably from the first 5mins of next week, soon after she'll be bumped off (by however) then everyone who is left fighting over how it ends????

Also, I'm assuming with episode 5 we had no rogue coffee cups.... just a one episode arc?????

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Andy 

I'll try and find the video I watched, but if you search on YouTube, 17 details in Game of Thrones Season 8 episode 5 you may have missed, it's by insider it should come up. 

I've watched the quite regularly since start of S8, I'm glad I've noticed a few things that come up. 

I've also had a chance to watch The Game of Thrones Revealed episode and the amount of work that goes into creating the entire set and everything that goes with it is amazing!!

Karl

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User  @Andy   @commanda6   @Karl-F   @ukbobboy 

Thing is Samwell already knows and was the one to bring it to everyone's attention from the Maester's diary. So who else could Varys be writing to? The Citadel so it is spread to every Kingdom? As although Sam found it in the diary....he stole it all and took it with him 😀

Do you think that Dany is the 'green eyes' in the red lady prophecy to Arya - Walder Frey (brown) night King (blue) ............ (green)? She was not very happy about the destruction and killing was she, and maybe she hears about some sort of plot that Dany wants to kill Jon and gets in there first? 

Anyway team Council!! 6 sleeps!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Andy 

I'll try and find the video I watched, but if you search on YouTube, 17 details in Game of Thrones Season 8 episode 5 you may have missed, it's by insider it should come up. 

@Karl-F found it, thanks! 👍

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

Do you think that Dany is the 'green eyes' in the red lady prophecy to Arya - Walder Frey (brown) night King (blue) ............ (green)?

OK I'll ask so nobody else has to, @Lindzi what prophecy was that then? And when? Obviously I remember it well and agree with everything you say ....🤥 ... but somebody else might not have been paying the close attention that we do so .... 😇