cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB
Legend

Friend of the Family

Just started watching Friend of the Family, the first Peacock show we’ve seen.

It looks well-made, but the presentation, compared with other Now programming, leaves a lot to be desired 😢

Firstly, it opens with a couple of promos; the first is for White Lotus Series 2, mostly fair enough, but we’ve been watching it, and there is nothing more to watch until the next episode drops, and so this is a bit frustrating.

But the second promo is for - Friend of the Family! How dumb is that? We are waiting to watch exactly that programme, but we can’t because we have to sit through this beknighted promo for it.

My cinema-going days are a way behind me now, but while I remember them showing trailers, I don’t ever recall a trailer for the movie we had come to watch.

So then we do at last get the the programme we selected, and - stereo only. No 5.1

And no subtitles. Where are the subtitles?

And, penultimately, the ad breaks. At least I think they are ad breaks, but we don’t get them, as we have Boost. But what we do get is that the programme goes to black for a few frames.

Black. That is so unprofessional.

Finally, when we watch the next episode back to back, we get the promos again. Same promos. Thanks, but we have already sat through these once.

So who is to blame for all this? And can it please be rectified?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

Well, I thought that was it. But oh no, yet more confusion. My bad for thinking this show dropped all at once, but it did drop very oddly; 3 episodes on October 7th, then weekly subsequently.

Up to episode 8, which left us hanging in mid-air, and with no indication that there was any subsequent episode to come.

On checking on Wednesday, after reading a query on this, Now on my Android phone said it was ‘coming tomorrow’ so I told the poster Thursday. Good thing I looked on there, as Now on my iPad gave no indication the series was going beyond episode 8, a stance it maintained until even late last night, though it finally has Episode 9 as available this morning.

But even the Android browser Now was wrong, as per 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/A-Friend-of-the-Family-episode-9/m-p/...

where the conflicting reports of when, exactly, this episode would drop are discussed.

The actual programme, which is very good, simply doesn’t deserve the catalogue of issues above, nor this (hopefully!) final one 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.