cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SweetBlitz
Expert 2

Re: Fox UK Channel to close

…would do away with my NowTV boxes and rather than be paying the £9.99 a month for the Entertainment package, be paying the £7.99 a month with Disney + for better entertainment.    

You can get Disney + on Now TV box without getting Now Entertainment.

asinglepetal

why has fox channel been taken off the package? one of the channels I watch a lot 

0 Thanks
asinglepetal

that makes no sense at all , to pay for two or three packages 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@asinglepetal 

It makes perfect sense 90% of the content on FOX was owned by Disney. Why would they want you to subscribe to another product if they can have the content on Disney+.

The only real question is what will happen to non Disney owned shows like NCIS and Bull which are owned and distributed by CBS. Will they appear on Sky One or ViacomCBS owned Channel 5 and co?

Normally CBS sells their shows to the highest bidder. However with ViacomCBS launching Paramount+, is also very likely they will launch it here replacing My5.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
Roobies21
Mentor

There is other shows which I believe are owned by CBS, that are to be shown on teh Star channel which is viewable via the Disney+ app.   

You have shows such as Bones, which is made I believe by 20th Century Fox.  But is only viewable on the Disney+ Star channel.   

You also have show like 'The Walking Dead' that where shown on the Fox UK channel, but again that is not to be shown on the Disney+ Star channel.  

You may find that CBS makes the likes of the NCIS shows, but it might be that Disney acts as distributor for the shows.  If that is the case, then they are likely to end up on the Star channel as well.   

It will be interesting to see what happens with any future NCIS: Los Angeles season, Magnum Pi seasons as to whether it will be shown on Sky one as it is now or will be shown on the Star channel?   

You have to remember that Disney owns 21st Century Fox.   As per the page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_Century_Fox:

21st Century Fox's assets included the Fox Entertainment Group—owners of the 20th Century Fox film studio (the company's partial namesake), the Fox television network, and a majority stake in National Geographic Partners—the commercial media arm of the National Geographic Society, among other assets. It also had significant foreign operations, including the prominent Indian television channel operator Star India. The company ranked No. 109 in the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Roobies21 

Walking Dead is distributed internationally by FOX networks group which is owned by Disney.

Its also been confirmed that the latest season is going to be on Disney+ each Monday.

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/whats-new-on-disney-the-walking-dead-the-golden-girls-uk-ireland/

Also seasons 1-10 were added on Friday, see below picture.

944DF668-1B16-46C4-A2AE-DA921D006EEC.png

Personally I would rather all CBS content be left for the potential launch of Paramount+ which is most likely early 2022.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.