Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Fox UK Channel to close

@allanc 

Have a nosy at this article 😉

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/criminal-minds-revival-paramount-plus-1234911458/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
AUser
Advocate

But more streaming services simply means more subscription costs. Thanks to Disney+ I can no longer watch The Walking Dead unless I'm prepared to pay another sub 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AUser 

The thing with streaming services you don’t have to keep them for the full 12 months, in fact you don’t need to have all of them permanently. 

Generally I’ve managed to get great deals with my subscription services so I’ve managed to get most of the services I need to watch 99% of my content 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@gavs82008 

Agreed but i do think the entertainment pass is now less value for money with them losing both Discovery and Fox not Now fault I know but adding just the Kids channels in there is not a good addition unless you have Kids at all. Plus increasing the price of Boost it's not a good move to make when they are not giving anything extra. It's obvious they have had to decrease price of the cinema pass with them losing the rights to Disney and Fox films. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Enapace 

Agreed, it is dropping in value to justify the full price £9.99. If it were up to me both cinema and entertainment memberships were combined at a price of £9.99.

AUser
Advocate

Absolutely. When there is enough on Disney+ or Netflix I will pay for a month or two and binge watch a few series. I would wait for every episode to drop on the service, not paying monthly to watch one episode each week.

And I will only run one sub at a time, otherwise just too expensive and only so may programmes o can fit in each month.

No wonder Sky are doing same as Netflix and making more of their own series and films. Years from now when every studio has their own streaming platform. There I'll be so many it would cost a small fortune to have them all. Long gone are the days when you just paid for a TV licence 

Enapace
Expert 2

@AUser 

The only major film studio without a streaming platform now is Sony and they have signed an agreement with Netflix everyone else has one.

NBC/Dreamworks Peacock/Sky 

Disney/Fox Disney Plus

Paramount - Paramount Plus 

MGM - Prime Video

Lionsgate - Starz Play

Warner Bros - HBO Max 

Which other is really left bar sony.

starman73
Expert 3

both cinema and entertainment memberships were combined at a price of £9.99.

pre-covid, the pricing was more justified as Sky Cinema had more of the top 100 box office movies, but nowadays Prime, Netflix and Disney + are not only on a par, but arguably superior.  Prime for £79/annum not only has movie & entertainment, it has sport, a music service with 2 million tracks (plus free auto rip) and free delivery.   Now just for movies & entertainment is just under £240/annum.   Now and Sky have to accept movies are not worth what they used to be.  Virgin charge £21/month to add movies.  Hard to believe anyone is mad enough to pay that.

Roobies21
Mentor

I really do think that NowTv should have e-mailed people like myself to let them know about the closing of Fox UK.

The reason being is that when I brought the Entertainment package a few years ago, it was on the basis that I could watch shows on the Fox channel.   

I found out that the Fox channel is not available last night when going to watch a NCIS show and then google searched on the fact of the Fox UK TV channel closing and that any of the shows from the channel are now viewable through the Disney + channel.  

I suspect that we will also see the same happen with the National Geographic UK channels in the near future as I believe they are also owned by Disney.   

If it was not for the fact that you cannot get a Skystore app on Amazon Firestick, I would do away with my NowTV boxes and rather than be paying the £9.99 a month for the Entertainment package, be paying the £7.99 a month with Disney + for better entertainment.    

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Roobies21 

NCIS is NOT owned by Disney, it’s owned and distributed by CBS. 

Unless Disney do a deal it won’t be on Disney+.

0 Thanks