cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fox UK Channel to close

Looks like Fox UK channel won't be part of our Now TV Entertainment Membership for much longer.

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2021/05/17/disney-to-close-the-fox-uk-channel-with-content-moving-to-disn...

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely. When there is enough on Disney+ or Netflix I will pay for a month or two and binge watch a few series. I would wait for every episode to drop on the service, not paying monthly to watch one episode each week.

And I will only run one sub at a time, otherwise just too expensive and only so may programmes o can fit in each month.

No wonder Sky are doing same as Netflix and making more of their own series and films. Years from now when every studio has their own streaming platform. There I'll be so many it would cost a small fortune to have them all. Long gone are the days when you just paid for a TV licence 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

The only major film studio without a streaming platform now is Sony and they have signed an agreement with Netflix everyone else has one.

NBC/Dreamworks Peacock/Sky 

Disney/Fox Disney Plus

Paramount - Paramount Plus 

MGM - Prime Video

Lionsgate - Starz Play

Warner Bros - HBO Max 

Which other is really left bar sony.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guess, they will have to consider adding more channels or reducing price?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

allanc
Scholar 3

@Saint1976 

So the likes of ncis move to disney+ (yet another subscription to pay) or sky one alongside ncis la.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@allanc 

NCIS is NOT a Disney owned product, it is produced and distributed by CBS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCIS_(TV_series)

Just because it was on the FOX channel in the UK does not mean it was owned by Disney in any shape of form. 

Most likely NCIS will end up on Sky One like NCIS LA. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
allanc
Scholar 3

@gavs82008 

Accepted, however they are adding non disney channels to their portfolio. Effectively Ncis will be subject to a bidding war as to whom gets the uk franchise. The winner being the one willing to put more money down

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@allanc 

Very true mate, CBS for in the UK has always been willing to sell their content to the highest bidder. 

Unless however they plan to launch Paramount+ here in the UK. Which considering they own My5, MTV and Comedy Central, I wouldn't put it past them. 

Plus if they do then I hope they keep FBI and Most Wanted to themselves since Sky don't care about the 2 shows. Almost finished in the US and no sign of appearing on Sky Witness any time soon!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
allanc
Scholar 3

@gavs82008 

FBI

Watched first 2 series, not heard any updates so don't know if its been scrapped . ?

allanc
Scholar 3

@gavs82008 

I miss Missy P😁