cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

False advertising

Hello,

I've tried finding a more appropriate forum for this posting but the system keeps preventing submission. 

I've recently cancelled sky to save money and signed up to the entertainment pack. My decision to buy 2 nowtv sticks and sign up was, in part, based on what I read on the nowtv website.

This page - https://www.nowtv.com/watch-tv-shows/abc%20studios - clearly says "Watch abc studios Live and on Catch Up". I could be mistaken and I have yet to find out how to access that channel or, as I suspect, this is false advertising.

As I've said, I've only just started using the service so I don't know yet if I'm getting everything that is promised.

Could somebody direct me to instructions for accessing abc studios live and catch up?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Looks like NowTV have made a mistake on their web page reading your posted link (unless there is something in the pipeline that i am not aware of).

Where the ABC Studios content is only available on boxsets and there is no live ABC Studio channel.

Saying that some of the more popular TV shows such has Greys Anatomy, Criminal Minds and Scandal are available via the Sky Living channel.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-month-pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree. Sky seem to have used content in advertising that is not actually available. 

They are currently showing ‘The Greatest Showman’ as part of their ‘Mega Hits’ collection even though it is not available to uk audiences except as a dvd purchase! Probably linked to the Disney purchase of 21st Century Fox.

Well done Sky. It does seem that they are ‘big’ so can say what they like in their adverts and get away without being questioned!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Well Guys

Whether it's deliberate I can't say but there is a feeling that they do like to cut and paste from other adverts without bothering to check to see  if their own products match up.

This is not the first time they've done this and it's strongly suspected it won't be their last.

UK Bob

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User @ukbobboy 

Thanks for getting in touch.

We spoke with Sky Cinema around The Greatest Showman being in an advert, they gave us the below answer.

This movie was still in rotation on the live Sky Cinema at the time of promotion, even though it wasn't available on demand.

Hope this explains the situation. Please let us know if you see any other movies advertised which don't appear on the service, and we can investigate.

Thanks,

Jason